1. Nbrigmon's Avatar
    Okay heres how it started, first days of being broke i plug my phone in all night wake up and unplug it and as soo as i do the battery to low for radio use message popped up. Since then i could turn my phone on but their was a trick to it. Now, it just has the batery with a lightning bolt through it an has been like that for hours.

    I read up on freeing up space so i went to manager and it cant even read my blackberry but when i plug it in the noise sounds(like something just got plugged in). Ibelieve freeing space would work but i cant even find out how to check my memory (sorry im a noob)

    can i do anything?

    Please help me
    04-24-09 04:25 PM
  2. cnorton's Avatar
    Here's some info that I was part of yesterday. Sadly you'll probably have to buy a new battery.
    04-24-09 04:29 PM
  3. Nbrigmon's Avatar
    Ahh thanks, second question, tried to put in my moms battery and it does the same thing.

    is it the battery still?
    04-24-09 04:35 PM
  4. cnorton's Avatar
    Is your moms phone a 8320?
    04-24-09 04:36 PM
  5. Nbrigmon's Avatar
    yep, same exact phone.

    it's weird though, her battery is a diffrent shape.
    04-24-09 04:38 PM
  6. cnorton's Avatar
    Hmm that's odd then, maybe you had the wrong battery at the beginning which could actually damage your phone itself, I'd contact TMO or go in store.
    04-24-09 04:40 PM
  7. Reed McLay's Avatar
    First thing to check are the contacts on the battery and the pins in the device. If there is any contamination on them, the battery may not be able to take a charge. Clean them with a pink rubber eraser and replace the battery.

    Have you tried a wall plug or auto charging adapter? I have heard of situations where that will charge a battery when the USB to a computer fails.

    After you get the power sorted, we can help you with memory management. I don't belive that is cause of your problem.
    04-24-09 04:41 PM
  8. Nbrigmon's Avatar
    Pins look fine in phone, contacts on battery look normal, but the part next to the actual gold squares(connection things that hook up to the phone itself) have these pink/red X's on them would that indicate that the battery is corrupt?
    04-24-09 04:49 PM
  9. cnorton's Avatar
    Pins look fine in phone, contacts on battery look normal, but the part next to the actual gold squares(connection things that hook up to the phone itself) have these pink/red X's on them would that indicate that the battery is corrupt?
    I think they're suppose to just have a line on it. Those are moisture detectors, did it get wet?
    04-24-09 05:00 PM
  10. Nbrigmon's Avatar
    Ohh crap. Not that I recall, but most likely, this phone has been through thick and thin, well that answers one question, need new battery, but what about the whole "tried my moms battery" thing
    04-24-09 05:04 PM
  11. cnorton's Avatar
    I have no idea, hopefully someone else will chime in, you have no battery to do a battery pull and that solves 90% of the problems posted here.
    04-24-09 05:06 PM
  12. Nbrigmon's Avatar
    Ahh thanks for the help!

    ill go to the t-mobile store now.

    I'd call but the people either speak rapidly fast or just moved to America.
    04-24-09 05:09 PM
  13. cnorton's Avatar
    Probably not in America but that's off topic, good luck!
    04-24-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD