Hey, question for all the geniuses . All of a sudden, my curve has been overtaken by the hourglass. If Im using it, right in the middle if what im doing, the hourglass pops up, if its sitting idle, ill notice it pop up. Im running a beta 4.5.0.69 and have had no problems at all...until this. The only thing I have installed recently is a shortcut for my mobile banking, and that was about a week ago. This hourglass just started happening. Anyone have any ideas? Should I finally upgrade to 4.5.0.81? I did search and most of the hourglass issues were attributed to facebook, which im not running. As always, any help is appreciated...

Thanks in advance
    10-18-08 02:26 PM
    I am no genius (not even close) But when one arrives on scene they are goiing to ask you what your memory status is (under OPtions than Status). Do you have applications running besides the usual basic ones? That can kill ya.
    10-18-08 02:38 PM
    All I can suggest is what was already suggested and to check your freespace. Good luck.
    10-18-08 02:58 PM
    Check your memory and make sure you close any programs you are not using.
    10-18-08 02:58 PM
    Nah, I know its not a memory problem, and I always close everything. No programs on it other than the usual...Viigo, MLive search, Opera. But thanks to all you guys for the quick responses. Any other ideas?
    10-18-08 03:02 PM
    Did you do a battery pull? My 8830 was taken over by the hour glass a few days ago. Did a battery pull for a few minutes & everything is back to normal again.....
    10-18-08 03:52 PM
    yeah, nothing. its frustrating. this, along with PSU losing as we speak, im going to destroy the thing
    10-18-08 04:16 PM
    it could be the OS, you can try upgrading to another version like the .81. i have it and have not had a problem.
    10-18-08 04:29 PM
    it could be the OS, you can try upgrading to another version like the .81. i have it and have not had a problem.
    Thats probably what im going to do. I just restored it...nothing
    time to upgrade
    10-18-08 04:36 PM
    well, just went to .81...still doing the same thing. im really at a loss, i have no idea whats going on with it and why it came on all of a sudden. anyone have any other thoughts?
    10-18-08 05:44 PM
    It was the media card. Pete 6 had this same problem, I just found the post.
    10-20-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD