I don't know what's going on with my phone... It is barely functional at this point. Literally all it does is hour glass. I try to make a phone call and the numbers won't even come up until like a minute after I've dialed them, I just see an hour glass. When they do come up and I press send it takes another minute. It absolutely cannot handle receiving a text while trying to do something else, like type another text. Sometimes when I type texts it will take like 2 mins for 3 words to appear. It is ridiculous to the point where I am trying to convince my family to get a family plan somewhere else and me a new functional phone! I have installed apps but I archived most of them, so it shouldn't be a memory problem. It is a smartphone... you SHOULD be able to download apps anyway. Lets hope I don't get in some serious accident and have to call 911! I'd be dead! HELP!
    07-21-10 07:08 PM
    What device model?
    What OS version is on the device?
    What's your File Free?
    What carrier?
    What apps are currently installed on the device?
    07-21-10 07:25 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Try that

Checked to see if you have 10-15mb free memory?
    07-21-10 07:28 PM
    Press and hold your menu (bb) key and view your runnings apps. Normal is 4 or 5. Message, Browser, Home and Phone. (BBm) also. These cannot be closed out completely and are idling in the background. Any other programs you see need to be closed with the Menu/close or Menu/shut down action. If this isn't the problem go to Menu/Options/Memory and check your File free memory. Best of luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 07:28 PM
    Definitely sounds like two things might be at play.

First would be too many apps running at the same time. Bring up App Switcher and make sure you are closing out your apps properly. The five main icons that are always running are Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, and BBM.

The second thing to check is the amount of free space. I know that my 8830WE would start to really show the hourglass if I got down to 5MB of free space. I would run memory cleaner, restart my BB, and remove apps to help not run out of memory. Pretty much, if my 8830 dropped below 15MB, I knew I had to unload something.

It'll also help to know which BB you have, as well as the OS version.
    07-22-10 09:27 AM
    There is also a great app out there called memory booster 3.3.0. You can have it recover memory at certain intervals or when the phone is idle. This will completely illuminate the need to do battery pulls because it takes forever for the phone to boot up. Since running it, my phones memory always stays near the max available. You can even tell it to recover after your memory falls below a certain threshold which is also good. It was worth the $5 to me and beats doing battery pulls, restarts, watching the hour glass all the time.
    07-22-10 09:42 AM
    On top of everything everyone said, have you joined any chat rooms lately?
    07-22-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD