Hey Crackberry Family.

I need some help and I hope this is the right area to post this.
    I don't know if this has already been discussed. I can't seem to find a thread talking about this.

I got my Z10 on Tuesday (loving it!! best phone ever) and immediately set up my e-mail accounts (Gmail, Hotmail....).
    After a few days now of receiving a few hundred e-Mails I decided to go onto Hotmail.com and delete them from the site seeing how I now have them on my "mobile computing device".
    Next thing you know they were wiped right off the phone!!

I understand that the device syncs to Hotmail.com so what happens there happens with the device but has anyone found a way/option to stop this from happening?
    Is there no option to change this? I need my work e-Mails on the device yet don't want to keep Hotmail.com flooded with them.
    This is extremely annoying.
    Again, I'm sorry if this was discussed somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-08-13 11:54 AM
    Hey Crackberry Family.

I need some help and I hope this is the right area to post this.
    I don't know if this has already been discussed. I can't seem to find a thread talking about this.

I got my Z10 on Tuesday (loving it!! best phone ever) and immediately set up my e-mail accounts (Gmail, Hotmail....).
    After a few days now of receiving a few hundred e-Mails I decided to go onto Hotmail.com and delete them from the site seeing how I now have them on my "mobile computing device".
    Next thing you know they were wiped right off the phone!!

I understand that the device syncs to Hotmail.com so what happens there happens with the device but has anyone found a way/option to stop this from happening?
    Is there no option to change this? I need my work e-Mails on the device yet don't want to keep Hotmail.com flooded with them.
    This is extremely annoying.
    Again, I'm sorry if this was discussed somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd say create folders on your Hotmail account and instead of deleting them, move them to a "work" folder. That way they'll be available both on your phone, and on the actual hotmail page as well. It's funny actually, what you have a small issue with, deleting from both once deleted on one, most people want as opposed to having to delete from both email service and phone separately.
    02-08-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have done what you suggested as well but the problem is then I'm just moving files around instead of actually clearing them.
    Ah well, I guess there will be an update sooner than later that will give us the option directly on the phone to keep them there regardless if they are deleted off the server.
    Gotta make sure all my orders for work stay on the phone.
    At least this small issue isn't as bad as the horrendous battery issue. 5 hrs and its dead!! Wow now that needs to be looked at. LOL
    02-08-13 12:17 PM
    How long have you had your phone? The battery, I've found, get's better each day. I was seriously concerned the first day but then after a couple of recharges, it's been great. Yesterday it lasted from 8:30 till about 9:30 or so, and still had 30% charge. I charged it then, used it a for a little bit after it was charged, and as of now, using it all morning, it's at 60%.
    02-08-13 12:27 PM
    I bought my phone Tuesday morning from Telus here in Toronto. Yeah, I read that after a few days the battery gets better but I haven't experienced that. For example, today I took the phone off the charger at 9:00am and came to work. I made a few phone calls, surfed the internet for a bit, responded to e-Mails texts BBM etc. and by 12:30 it was at 57%. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a really heavy phone user. Big difference though than from my 9800.
    02-08-13 12:35 PM
    Have you checked your network connections? Do you have NFC or Bluetooth turned on?
    02-08-13 12:49 PM
    I've checked the network connections. When I bought the phone I immediately turned NFC and Bluetooth off. I guess it's just something I will have to get used to. I've been a religious BlackBerry user since the 8330 and I guess the battery on these new smartphones just wont compare to the BlackBerries of the past.
    02-08-13 12:55 PM
    That's too bad. I was hoping to be of help.
    02-08-13 12:56 PM
    That's okay cjcampbell. Thank you though for trying!!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 01:06 PM
    what hotmail syncs bothways??? If so i'll move all my ****s there.
    02-08-13 03:06 PM
    what hotmail syncs bothways??? If so i'll move all my ****s there.
    Yep... I just started using my new outlook account and just tried it. Deleted 2 emails from my pc and then it came off my phone. Doesn't happen right away but within about 2-4 minutes or so.
    02-08-13 03:19 PM
    Yea, it deletes off the phone if you delete it first off Hotmail.com but if you delete if from the phone it stays on the server.
    02-08-13 03:29 PM
    Yea, it deletes off the phone if you delete it first off Hotmail.com but if you delete if from the phone it stays on the server.
    Not true, or at least not so for outlook.com accounts. I just deleted an email from my phone and it deleted from the online version as well.
    02-08-13 03:41 PM
    I just tried it with hotmail.com and it stays on the site even when I delete it off my phone. Must only work like that with outlook.com accounts.
    02-08-13 03:47 PM
    I just tried it with hotmail.com and it stays on the site even when I delete it off my phone. Must only work like that with outlook.com accounts.
    Did you try to open it off the site? I saw mine there and it wouldn't open saying it wasn't there and to refresh the page. i did that and it was gone. Maybe it is just for the "outlook" one but seeing as it's still a hotmail/live account, I find it odd that they wouldn't all act the same.
    Palmer85 likes this.
    02-08-13 03:56 PM
    You're right, it did work the same with hotmail.com. It just wasn't instant. It took about 5 minutes for it to wipe of the site.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-08-13 04:05 PM