Well...I broke down and did it! After trying every which way to access my Hotmail account on my Blackberry 8320, I finally broke down and upgraded to Hotmail Plus, as other people have suggested. Instant success! Within 5 minutes, I was receiving ALL my email. No problems sending either.

Yes, it is a total ripoff to make you pay $19.95 to upgrade...and I know gmail is better...but, what can I say? I was way lazy to change email addresses after having this one for several years. Changing email addresses with your friends and family is pretty easy, but changing it with all the different business, etc, is kind of a pain.

So...just wanted to let everyone know that if you're having problems with your Hotmail account, especially your older Hotmail account, be a lazy bones like me and pony up your $19.95. It works great.
    05-20-08 12:50 PM
    I am so glad my 1995 era Hotmail account works without any problems on my BB. I have had that account since college, I have no idea why mine works without issue lol.
    05-20-08 12:51 PM
    haha its soo funny that you posted this right when i was about to ask why i cant get on my hotmail account on my bb...lol guess its not comp if you dont have the plus or what ever...lol good to know...i thought it was just my retardedness....
    05-20-08 12:53 PM
    It works for some and not others. Luckily I am one of the some.
    05-20-08 12:54 PM
    Hey:

You can forward your hotmail account to a gmail account and not have to mess with Microsoft ever again, then get yourself an iGoogle account and see everything in one place. Go to options in hotmail. It's easy. I would post a link on how to do it but I can't until I do 10 posts. Good luck.
    05-20-08 01:10 PM
    I can access my account too...no problem at all. It was as smooth as gmail. But yes, my account is archaic too...since 1995.
    05-20-08 01:14 PM
    I can access my account too...no problem at all. It was as smooth as gmail. But yes, my account is archaic too...since 1995.
    TWINS!
    05-20-08 01:15 PM
    Hi Again Everyone!

Jake, don't feel bad...I felt stupid too until I read all the different posts. Miss Kitty...Thanks so much for the info about forwarding my mail to gmail. I didn't know that was possible! I'll know for next time...maybe if that works, I can save a little $ !!
    05-20-08 01:16 PM
    TWINS!
    You bet!

Forwarding is such a good option...I did that for my outlook web access account which was giving me trouble while setting up on my BB. Didnt even bother goin thru a dozen steps...just forward to an address thats already set up on your BB
    05-20-08 01:24 PM
    Hey:

You can forward your hotmail account to a gmail account and not have to mess with Microsoft ever again, then get yourself an iGoogle account and see everything in one place. Go to options in hotmail. It's easy. I would post a link on how to do it but I can't until I do 10 posts. Good luck.
    Hi Again Everyone!

Jake, don't feel bad...I felt stupid too until I read all the different posts. Miss Kitty...Thanks so much for the info about forwarding my mail to gmail. I didn't know that was possible! I'll know for next time...maybe if that works, I can save a little $ !!
    thanks misskitty thats really handy...and its good to know im not the only newbie that second guesses themselves lol
    05-20-08 01:52 PM
    i tried setting up my hotmail account on my 8310

i can send from my BB but can't receive

how odd
    05-27-08 05:49 PM
    it's not just the bb's that have this problem with hotmail specially if your a tmo custumer i had same problem with my razor as i'm having with my bb and hotmail its tmo's fault blame them lol
    05-27-08 11:49 PM
    I'm on O2 in the Uk
    05-28-08 04:05 AM
    Okay so this is bizarre... I have had a Hotmail account since time began.. LOL.. okay since about 1994.... when I got my new BB Curve in April.. I tried (just for the sake of trying) adding my Hotmail account through BIS and it wouldn't take... nogo...

However, tonight... on a whim... I thought I would try again just for the sake of trying.. and boom.. it works... sending/receiving... it all works like a charm!!!!

Not sure what's changed.. but I am happy as a clam that I get my hotmail on my Crackberry now :-D
    05-28-08 05:25 AM
    Okay so this is bizarre... I have had a Hotmail account since time began.. LOL.. okay since about 1994.... when I got my new BB Curve in April.. I tried (just for the sake of trying) adding my Hotmail account through BIS and it wouldn't take... nogo...

However, tonight... on a whim... I thought I would try again just for the sake of trying.. and boom.. it works... sending/receiving... it all works like a charm!!!!

Not sure what's changed.. but I am happy as a clam that I get my hotmail on my Crackberry now :-D

did you just delete your account on your phone and than re-did the setup?
    if so than I'm gonna try...its a little annoying when i have to go online to my account instead of just getting them....
    06-01-08 11:32 AM
    Here's the dang deal with hotmail. After trying over and over and over for what seemed forever, I did some research. It seems that if you had you hotmail account before 2001, if I remember correctly, you can have your emails sent to your Berry. If the account was created after 2001, then you cannot have it sent to your BB. Basically, after 2001, you get screwed by Microsoft.

But the goodnews is that, currently, RIM and MS are in the midsts of negotiations on giving Berry addicts access to their post 2001 accounts. Maybe we'll even get a cool desktop shortcut like the one we have for CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 11:57 AM
    Here's the dang deal with hotmail. After trying over and over and over for what seemed forever, I did some research. It seems that if you had you hotmail account before 2001, if I remember correctly, you can have your emails sent to your Berry. If the account was created after 2001, then you cannot have it sent to your BB. Basically, after 2001, you get screwed by Microsoft.

But the goodnews is that, currently, RIM and MS are in the midsts of negotiations on giving Berry addicts access to their post 2001 accounts. Maybe we'll even get a cool desktop shortcut like the one we have for CB!

wooohooo...thanks for the info...that would be great at least for me since ironically I've had mine since 2003...missed that great deal
    06-01-08 01:07 PM
    You can have the ability to receive your hotmail and any other msn email accounts on your blackberry. I use the email system called flurry. flurry It is a free service and you can actually set up to 10 different accounts, gmail, hotmail, etc. I use an @live.com account and works wonderful. Actually I receive emails faster than using the ones supported by my blackberry.

I posted information about this last week sometime.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/flurry-com-38563/

Check it out
    06-01-08 03:26 PM
    As long as Windows Live Messenger works fine then I'll survive, I rarely have emails worth the time i spend reading them lol.

But just for the sake of making sure, DOES Windows Live Messenger work? (i suppose if it doesn't i could just as easily use JiveTalk
    06-01-08 04:17 PM
    You can have the ability to receive your hotmail and any other msn email accounts on your blackberry. I use the email system called flurry. flurry It is a free service and you can actually set up to 10 different accounts, gmail, hotmail, etc. I use an @live.com account and works wonderful. Actually I receive emails faster than using the ones supported by my blackberry.

I posted information about this last week sometime.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/flurry-com-38563/

Check it out
    hmmm I'll try that out.. thanks for the link
    06-01-08 08:37 PM

I really think it's just hit or miss with the Hotmail accounts. I have had the same account since 2002, and mine loaded onto the Curve fine (the first time, too). My email from that account even hits the berry before the computer, so I don't think it was anything to do with when people set them up. If it was, I shouldn't have been able to get mine to go through.
    06-01-08 08:45 PM
    i have a msn account that would not set up for the life of me. tried for weeks. just tried again for giggles and the prompting of seeing others have success. It finally worked. MSN mail account was created in 2003. At least it said successful setup.

lets wait and see
    06-03-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD