Hey,

My new sim will be coming so I can access the internet etc on my BB8800. However, for the email, is it possible to use Hotmail as this is my main address.

Also, there was GoogleTalk etc available, is MSN available for BB yet?

Help much appreciated!
    06-24-07 02:05 PM
    Sean,

I have the BB8703e and I have msn, hotmail, gmail, etc....

I don't know what provider you have but for Verizon you would go to blackberry.com/go/vzw and create a new account and you would put your current email address and password there along with whether you want a signature or not.

I do apologize if the 8800 is totally different but I thought this might be helpful if you have Verizon.

Gia
    06-24-07 02:21 PM
    Usually for Hotmail, only the paid accounts will work, but some people have gotten the free accounts to work.

For instant messaging, I'd suggest looking at JiveTalk.
    06-24-07 03:56 PM
    Thats great people! Thanks for the help. I'll have a look at that site.

I bought the phone hoping I'd have all of the services to begin with. I'm just so excited haha!

This Crackberry addiction is about to get worse :P

I'll look into all of the above options!

Thanks,

Sean
    06-24-07 04:19 PM
    Sean,

I have the BB8703e and I have msn, hotmail, gmail, etc....

I don't know what provider you have but for Verizon you would go to blackberry.com/go/vzw and create a new account and you would put your current email address and password there along with whether you want a signature or not.

I do apologize if the 8800 is totally different but I thought this might be helpful if you have Verizon.

Gia
    I'm actually from the UK, does ths function from both sides of the Atlantic?

Everything BB is so complicated, but doesnt it make it all the more fun? lol
    06-24-07 04:24 PM
    Your free account with Hotmail will only work if you've had it BEFORE 2000! If yes, then you can use it in BIS, if not, you must have a Hotmail Plus account for it to work...
    06-25-07 05:01 AM
    I have no idea if I created the account before 2000, how do I check?

I'm going to ask a premature question, if I did create the account before 2000, what do I do from there?

Sean
    06-25-07 07:37 AM
    Just login to your provider's BIS webpage and try to setup the Hotmail account. If it works, great! If not, then you know that too. Doesn't hurt anything to try and set it up.
    06-25-07 09:30 AM
    Thanks, I'll try tht!
    06-25-07 09:53 AM
    so which server settings do i use then? my account is from the mid-90's?..
    12-23-07 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD