What an awful article. Unreal
    03-20-13 11:25 AM
    who owns cnn anyway,they keep coming out with junk aimed at bb.
    The Android carrying commenters there will have you believing it's Apple, and the iPhone users swear it's owned Samsung, or Google.

It's actually owned by Time Warner.

Pretty bad review. I actually laughed when I read the part about the browser.
    03-20-13 11:25 AM
    The comments for this article are just ripping this tool. Same thing seems to be happening on other bias articles like this as well.

You can see people's opinion of Blackberry is turning and people are seeing through the media's lies.
    03-20-13 11:31 AM
    Honestly it's CNN, who cares, I don't. I for one when a critic downs a product so badly I go and buy it inspite of their opinion because I don't put much stock in their basis and diluted comments.
    03-20-13 11:32 AM
    Give me an example of what apps are missing , ill most likely quickly refute it lol...
    Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, banking apps, spotify, pandora, vine, google maps, flipboard, cozi, vevo. I can keep going of you like. It's a decent phone but nothing special IMO. Apps are crucial to a smartphone experience. What's the point of a smartphone without the most popular apps.
    litig8or98 and anon(73368) like this.
    03-20-13 11:35 AM
    I wouldn't worry about the US lanch because of this article peoploe who whant to buy a Z10 won't stop because of this article and people not decide will more likely wait but not runaway from it
    Well ;that kinda sucks.

Right ahead of the U.S. launch. CNN has a wide audience. People might remember the last sentence, the one saying to steer clear from the Z10.
    03-20-13 11:36 AM
    I seen the most terrible phone review, I ever seen. I can take not so popular source but CNN ? I bet the writer either Apple fan boy or HTC user ... My night ruined because of this person review !
    03-20-13 11:36 AM
    Wow, just wow..... How can they get away with posting a review like this? Most of what was said is incorrect or misinformation.
    03-20-13 11:38 AM
    Incredulously unfair. It basically takes everything good that BB10 does and points to ONE other phone on the market that does it better. Then it takes all of those points to say "BB is inferior to the current phones on the market". That logic simply does not follow. It even undermines key factors in a phone, such as call quality.

BB10 is a nice operating system with a lot of promise, and the Z10 is a nice little phone that offers a little innovation in a crowded (and slightly stale, IMO) marketplace. But it is going to be cut off at the knees by reviewers who seem to have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.
    03-20-13 11:39 AM
    Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest, banking apps, spotify, pandora, vine, google maps, flipboard, cozi, vevo. I can keep going of you like. It's a decent phone but nothing special IMO. Apps are crucial to a smartphone experience. What's the point of a smartphone without the most popular apps.
    I'm pretty sure these are all on the list of apps that can be sideloaded. I agree the app store will need to grow and believe it will but there are ways around that in the short term that don't require much more than a USB cable and a PC.
    03-20-13 11:43 AM
    I'm pretty sure these are all on the list of apps that can be sideloaded. I agree the app store will need to grow and believe it will but there are ways around that in the short term that don't require much more than a USB cable and a PC.
    Side loading an Android app is not the same as having a native version. Especially when native versions will work so much better.

Side loading Android apps should be considered a placeholder until the native versions are made. Technically BB10 does not have these apps.

I probably will not sideload any Android apps on my Z10 once I get it next week. At that point I would just be better off using my Nexus.

The author is technically right about the app situation.
    03-20-13 11:48 AM
    I think the review is not negative..it lists the good point of the the new OS and the hardware ...I come from another platform and there is simply not many "good" apps..
    litig8or98 and Etios like this.
    03-20-13 11:50 AM
    99.9% of consumers want a "legal, consumer friendly" way of getting their apps like other eco-systems so being able to sideload a few of these titles won't make a difference to the current reality that they're just not available. Even if they are sideloaded there's no guarantee that they'll continue to work either as instagram has shown. Sideloading is a workaround that people don't want to have to deal with and most won't even be aware of. as of right now the app situation is a pretty big deal to a lot of people.

This is my list before I make a switch.

Google Maps
    Google+
    Google Voice
    Netflix
    Hulu+
    Pandora
    Dropbox
    Flipboard
    Feedly
    SCPanther13, litig8or98 and Etios like this.
    Ya but I don't want side loaded apps I want native apps built for my phone. I'm on iphone 5 at the moment and I do like the new blackberry. The problem I have is that if I switch then I'm losing a ton of apps that I use everyday. There doesn't seem much on the new blackberry that excites and motivates me to switch platforms. More apps missing include: Starbucks, call of duty elite, smartglass, snapseed, tiesto podcasts. Games: crazi taxi, infinity blade 2, real racing 3 etc
    This is a funny article. It was probably written by someone who was not able to get a Z10 early in the game and is writing out of spite.
    I agree, he probably has not used a Z10 at all!
    03-20-13 11:51 AM
    Using a USB cable and PC...that's so 2011.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-20-13 11:53 AM
    Side loading an Android app is not the same as having a native version. Especially when native versions will work so much better.

Side loading Android apps should be considered a placeholder until the native versions are made. Technically BB10 does not have these apps.

I probably will not sideload any Android apps on my Z10 once I get it next week. At that point I would just be better off using my Nexus.

The author is technically right about the app situation.
    I don't disagree with most of what you said, which is why I said it is a short term fix but the app store will have to grow.

The author exaggerated the app situation in my opinion but apps are needed as I pointed out in my original post.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-20-13 11:53 AM
    90% of those are coming in the near future...
    03-20-13 11:55 AM
    Ya but I don't want side loaded apps I want native apps built for my phone. I'm on iphone 5 at the moment and I do like the new blackberry. The problem I have is that if I switch then I'm losing a ton of apps that I use everyday. There doesn't seem much on the new blackberry that excites and motivates me to switch platforms. More apps missing include: Starbucks, call of duty elite, smartglass, snapseed, tiesto podcasts. Games: crazi taxi, infinity blade 2, real racing 3 etc
    If I were you I would stick with what you have. It sounds like a good fit.
    03-20-13 11:55 AM
    99.9% of consumers want a "legal, consumer friendly" way of getting their apps like other eco-systems so being able to sideload a few of these titles won't make a difference to the current reality that they're just not available. Even if they are sideloaded there's no guarantee that they'll continue to work either as instagram has shown. Sideloading is a workaround that people don't want to have to deal with and most won't even be aware of. as of right now the app situation is a pretty big deal to a lot of people.

Google Maps
    Google+
    Google Voice
    Netflix
    Hulu+
    Pandora
    Dropbox
    Flipboard
    Feedly
    I agree, I just wanted to point out the short term workaround for folks who want one.
    03-20-13 11:56 AM
    90% of those are coming in the near future...
    Well refuted

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    21stNow likes this.
    03-20-13 11:56 AM
    Well refuted

I used to be a 4s user just like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    03-20-13 11:59 AM

Google Maps
    Google+
    Google Voice
    Netflix
    Hulu+
    Pandora
    Dropbox
    Flipboard
    Feedly
    Honestly, with your list of required apps, you're probably better off sticking with Android, that will give you the best experience with your Google apps, especially considering Google is not making it easy for other platforms to have rich experiences with their services.
    03-20-13 12:00 PM
    Please keep it mind that CNN is last place in cable news ratings. They wonder why when they put out uninformed biased gibberish posing as news.
    03-20-13 12:02 PM
    Honestly, with your list of required apps, you're probably better off sticking with Android, that will give you the best experience with your Google apps, especially considering Google is not making it easy for other platforms to have rich experiences with their services.
    Well right now I'm on iOS and while there are a lot of apps I will willingly forego switching to BB10 my list are the ones that would have to appear for me to switch on launch day. So right now i have no choice but to stay where I am.

03-20-13 12:02 PM
433 1234 ...