03-20-13 10:33 PM
    Thank you Kevin! Honestly how does CNN let them put that garbage online without validating what their writers write.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:41 PM
    Good lord Kevin...great comment and spot on. It's nice to see you in the trenches.
    03-20-13 10:41 PM
    CNN had a short interview with the CEO this evening. Maybe that was to make up for this bad rap.
    I'd love it if you had a link for that interview, that was the one with Piers Morgan, right? Morgan is supposed to be a BB fan, from what I hear.
    03-20-13 10:54 PM
    Not sure how you know that "those comments ARE from people on CB..." and in fairness just as much as I know they are from the mainstream. Whilst, it is certainly possible that all 500+ posts represented comments from CB and BB followers, it is clear if you read the article that the quality and the lack of objective reporting was generally very poor and inaccurate. I think that is an accurate assessment but of course could still be considered an opinion.
    03-20-13 10:55 PM
    Please tell me you don't actually believe this.....never read comments before I take it? Do yourself a favor....if you want the truth...don't read them!

First, many of those comments ARE from people on CB, and second, they bear no reflection on the mainstream populace whatsoever, the vast majority of whom, are not going to comment.....in fact, it would be pretty hard to get a more biased sample. Reading Canadian, (and for that matter) many American comments on BB for years now, it was always stunning to see the overwhelming support for BB, even as marketshare dropped to essentially nothing.....I remember even posting once a long time ago on a mainstream news site something to the effect of: well that's great, but apparenly none of you are actually BUYING the phones!

After a stinging article, the comments are a pacifier for fans in two ways: the option of venting and lashing out, and in taking comfort from others doing so....this way, they "win" back the internet, but if you want an accurate reflection of what the majority are thinking, it's the last place one should look! Anybody should know that! A statisticians nightmare....especially when places like CB go out of their way to rally a response!

Not unique to BB though of course....at many tech sites I frequent, Surface was a runaway hit, Zune rocked the world, nobody is buying an iphone.....on and on.....
    Not sure how you know that "those comments ARE from people on CB..." (did you write them all?) and in fairness just as much as I know they are from the mainstream. Whilst, it is certainly possible that all 500+ posts represented comments from CB and BB followers, it is clear if you read the article that the quality and the lack of objective reporting was generally very poor and inaccurate. I think that is an accurate assessment but of course could still be considered an opinion.
    03-20-13 10:59 PM
    Everyone reading this article needs to do themselves a favor and click the link and then read the comments section from the source article. It's hands down the most positive comments section I've ever read on an article with a negative bias towards the phone. I've been grinning ear to ear as I've been reading through all the great things people have to say. BB10 is the real deal. My stormtrooper can't arrive soon enough!!!!
    03-20-13 11:23 PM
    CNN is trash and has been for a while. Ignore it and it will soon go away.
    03-20-13 11:27 PM
    I smell investors caught short that need a drop in price before Blackberry quiet period ends the 28th. A financial commentary came out this week advising sell. Last chance for those caught short!
    CrownIsle likes this.
    03-20-13 11:37 PM
    you can love a phone , or you can judge a phone . but detered to one from another ? specs compared to a device that handles multiple operations at one time . you can't just say its right or wrong . to put in such comparisions from an ill fated palm makes you love something yet hate another . technology is just words to define a software that determines who walks the victor and who will walk away lost in the crowd .

i feel that the phone you should compare it to does not require clicks on clicks or cognitive memory . when i look at another phone , i see faults and upgrades and additions . selfish additions as i may so add . addtions that are not game changers but addtions to peak ones interest or laziness . you may say that this phone is for the fans of blackberries alone , but had you ever come to see how even its "low lying" processor decides to churn even at half capacity , it comes instantaneous . the active frames keep you posted to whatever important information shows up to peek your interest . where the whole device acts as a monogramous unit which keeps your facebook , gmail or whatever essential programs at your fingertips .

research i feel you have not given to a device when you have yet to comprend . the strokes to the swipes . this device keeps you always intuned . unless you decide to "hermit" yourself from the world . from being able to share through multiple outlets to its map , i feel your address to its software is highly underated . and far fetched (my personal opinion ~ as to mine its own ) and coming from gizmodo , i can see the "apple" gleaming from your eye < http://socialtimes.com/files/2012/11/ac.jpg > your true face < Gizmodo’s Adrian Covert Joins CNNMoney - SocialTimes >
    byantika likes this.
    03-20-13 11:41 PM
    I just don't even bother with this type of stuff. So much negativity from US press and bloggers. Whatever.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-20-13 11:42 PM
    Oh clearly my mobile phone needs more cores than my desktop... (rolleyes)
    Why even bother with two cores then?

More cores in some ways makes more sense on a mobile device than on a desktop, on a desktop you have an effectively infinite power budget and thermal envelope you can fit in, you can build a single highly aggressive superscalar high clock core with out much concern for the power consumption of the core. In mobile you can't do that and generally it's better to use more of a lower clock, simpler core to try to get the same performance.

That said, the Z10 seems to have plenty of CPU power for what it's doing. Phones like the S4 are more exploring the envelope of what might be possible by doing stuff like eye and gesture tracking. That can't be easy on the CPU budget.
    03-20-13 11:59 PM
    you can love a phone , or you can judge a phone . but detered to one from another ? specs compared to a device that handles multiple operations at one time . you can't just say its right or wrong . to put in such comparisions from an ill fated palm makes you love something yet hate another . technology is just words to define a software that determines who walks the victor and who will walk away lost in the crowd .

i feel that the phone you should compare it to does not require clicks on clicks or cognitive memory . when i look at another phone , i see faults and upgrades and additions . selfish additions as i may so add . addtions that are not game changers but addtions to peak ones interest or laziness . you may say that this phone is for the fans of blackberries alone , but had you ever come to see how even its "low lying" processor decides to churn even at half capacity , it comes instantaneous . the active frames keep you posted to whatever important information shows up to peek your interest . where the whole device acts as a monogramous unit which keeps your facebook , gmail or whatever essential programs at your fingertips .

research i feel you have not given to a device when you have yet to comprend . the strokes to the swipes . this device keeps you always intuned . unless you decide to "hermit" yourself from the world . from being able to share through multiple outlets to its map , i feel your address to its software is highly underated . and far fetched (my personal opinion ~ as to mine its own ) and coming from gizmodo , i can see the "apple" gleaming from your eye < http://socialtimes.com/files/2012/11/ac.jpg > your true face < Gizmodo’s Adrian Covert Joins CNNMoney - SocialTimes >
    I'm not sure what that was. But it was kind of wild and kind of awesome.
    Omnitech and jstirtzinger like this.
    03-21-13 12:08 AM
    With the standout exception of Erin Burnett, who refers to her Bold(?) as her "beloved"
    don't forget bout P.Morgan who just had BB ceo - Thor Heins, on his show for a few minutes while admitting to being a 'crackberry" while showing off his white Z10!
    03-21-13 01:01 AM
    I read articles like this and i just makes me realize even more so how soooo many people can just turn into little apple guppies. It's true, you are most influenced by what you see around you, but common sense here folks. "The browser is slow and unattractive" - seriously? The fastest browser on the market (it's even quicker than Firefox 19 on my laptop). And the battery life... have you ever tired using anything droid for more than 5 hours... "where my charger at?" friggin Droid's are like 10 year old laptops... hooked up to a power socket more often than not.
    As for specs: please remember the following all you apple and droid guppies APPLE AND DROID DO NOT SUPPORT MULTI-CORE PROCESSING. Not jellybean, not ice cream sandwich, not iOS6... not even the forthcoming iOS7. What does this mean to them? That quad-core 1.7GHz snapdragon uses 1 CORE AT A TIME. Sure, it can relay the processing to another core when that ones temp gets too high, but it can never use more than one core for any processing whatsoever at any point in time. So what do the other cores do while they're not being used? drain power. thus the whole "constantly on a charger" issue mentioned before. This means that your z10 wont hiccup or fiddle around and waste power while your reading your emails and loading a webpage in the back ground at the same time. Pick up a z10, use for it a week or two.. and if you still think android or iOS is a better operating system (and please not only because your favorite soduku app isnt on bb10 yet) then go back to it. Im guessing that 90+ % of people who ACTUALLY USE BB10 for what it truely is... they'll see the light and return to the land of security, speed, and quality construction.
    03-21-13 01:14 AM
    I bet the author is hiding in a cave somewhere regretting what he wrote. lol
    03-21-13 01:51 AM
    I bet the author is hiding in a cave somewhere regretting what he wrote. lol
    Given his apparent affinity for Apple, I rather doubt it.

People can be unbelievably tenacious about their biases.
    03-21-13 02:21 AM
    I read articles like this and i just makes me realize even more so how soooo many people can just turn into little apple guppies. It's true, you are most influenced by what you see around you, but common sense here folks. "The browser is slow and unattractive" - seriously? The fastest browser on the market (it's even quicker than Firefox 19 on my laptop). And the battery life... have you ever tired using anything droid for more than 5 hours... "where my charger at?" friggin Droid's are like 10 year old laptops... hooked up to a power socket more often than not.
    As for specs: please remember the following all you apple and droid guppies APPLE AND DROID DO NOT SUPPORT MULTI-CORE PROCESSING. Not jellybean, not ice cream sandwich, not iOS6... not even the forthcoming iOS7. What does this mean to them? That quad-core 1.7GHz snapdragon uses 1 CORE AT A TIME. Sure, it can relay the processing to another core when that ones temp gets too high, but it can never use more than one core for any processing whatsoever at any point in time. So what do the other cores do while they're not being used? drain power. thus the whole "constantly on a charger" issue mentioned before. This means that your z10 wont hiccup or fiddle around and waste power while your reading your emails and loading a webpage in the back ground at the same time. Pick up a z10, use for it a week or two.. and if you still think android or iOS is a better operating system (and please not only because your favorite soduku app isnt on bb10 yet) then go back to it. Im guessing that 90+ % of people who ACTUALLY USE BB10 for what it truely is... they'll see the light and return to the land of security, speed, and quality construction.
    Where did you get the idea that android does not support multicore processors? This is one of the more bizarre statements I've read here to date.
    Etios and katesbb like this.
    03-21-13 02:28 AM
    Lol, have an ice glacier at hand, because that will run hotter than the earth's core and probably shut down the entire city power grid
    NO!!!! My friend and I already did it, we took it into near earth orbit. The passive cold of space alone did it! HA!!!!
    03-21-13 03:20 AM
    Not sure how you know that "those comments ARE from people on CB..." (did you write them all?) and in fairness just as much as I know they are from the mainstream.
    Sigh....we know for a fact that a number were from people on CB, and that alone invalidates the sample quite horrifically, but your latter statement is correct exempting that fact. Which is good.....because that is the point, you don't know, and thus your original premise was not correct -even if we ignore the CB members on there....some of whom identified in this thread (and some of whom appear to be as they are using names they have identified with on here). So that is good, we are now agreeing.

Whilst, it is certainly possible that all 500+ posts represented comments from CB and BB followers, it is clear if you read the article that the quality and the lack of objective reporting was generally very poor and inaccurate. I think that is an accurate assessment but of course could still be considered an opinion.
    I haven't addressed the article at ALL at this point. Merely pointed out the folly of your "mainstream" comment. That is an entirely different matter, and largely a subjective one - a face that isn't changed by you saying "clearly".
    Etios likes this.
    03-21-13 03:27 AM
    Honestly? It's a nice phone but I can't say I necessarily disagree with the review. I was willing to pay my early upgrade fee for the sgs3. I have an early upgrade available and the more I use the store z10 while at work (and since I'm on limited duties right now I've had a lot of free time to mess with the z10) it just doesn't have that... It factor. I'm not willing to use one of my upgrades for it. The aristo? Maybe. But as good as it is, there's something missing.

Some people will understand what I mean by that it factor. Q will I'm sure. The 9900 had it but the z10 just leaves me... Cold. So no, I can't say I disagree with the cnn reviewer because it's something that's been niggling the back of my brain but I couldn't put my finger on what was missing about the z10.

SENT FROM TAPATALK 2 - Anything I say in no way represents the view of my employer, and please do not PM me regarding account information or questions. Thanks.
    I didn't see this comment until just this morning.

I do understand. This is the first time since 2007 that I don't buy a BB the instant it launches. Looking at the phone vs the things I need to take care of around the house, I just don't see myself spending 549 for a BB that hasn't even got the things I value in my 9900, such as the notifications/profiles. For me, and this is my feeling for this device, I feel as if I'm losing more than I'm gaining. So, for the first time since 2007, I will not be buying a BB at launch. That tells me something about where I am in my mind regarding BB. I might have gone from being a hardcore user to a casual user. What changed.....can't say. I think I tried the other phones and found that the world didn't end.
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-21-13 03:37 AM
    Please see the bombshell dropped by Simon Sage over in one of the other threads on this CNN report - the reporter was basically hired to write about Apple:
    A very quick search of the authors writings reveals:

"5 Things To Love About Nokia’s New Maps"

"With the Galaxy S IV, Samsung proves it's not all about the iPhone
    By Adrian Covert @CNNMoney March 13, 2013: 11:47 AM ET
    .....What has made Samsung's devices stand out is not just that they have been good for the money, "good for an Android device," or "a decent alternative." They're just plain good. Samsung devices come equipped with specs and features that equal or best any of Apple's offerings."

"Why You Should Be Pissed That Apple Lets Developers Take Your Contact Info"

"Dear Apple, Can You Just Buy Hulu? Please?

Hulu needs owners who aren't ancient and terrible. Apple needs a streaming video service that isn't ancient and terrible. "

"Samsung unveils the Galaxy S IV
    By Adrian Covert @CNNMoney March 19, 2013: 11:42 AM ET
    .....Samsung's Galaxy S IV is here. As expected, it's built to vie for the position of best smartphone in 2013.

How it will compare with Apple's (AAPL, Fortune 500) next iPhone or Google's (GOOG, Fortune 500) future Nexus flagship phone remains to be seen. But after a few minutes playing around with the the Galaxy S IV, it's easy to see how this smartphone could end up in the same conversation."
    Last edited by richardat; 03-21-13 at 04:44 AM.
    03-21-13 03:49 AM
    You were too generous. I don't think he actually looked at it
    I think he wrote his review after reading other reviews

Posted via CB10
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    03-21-13 04:00 AM
    Given his apparent affinity for Apple, I rather doubt it.

People can be unbelievably tenacious about their biases.
    I agree. I get Steve Job's reality bending skills, but this guy (our author) is insanely-rofl-absurd. I mean, I don't get how one can be so blind when looking at or reviewing innovation.
    03-21-13 05:03 AM
    I smell investors caught short that need a drop in price before Blackberry quiet period ends the 28th. A financial commentary came out this week advising sell. Last chance for those caught short!
    To me that would mean hold on to your shares. Good times are even getting better.
    Good day yesterday.
    03-21-13 05:07 AM
433 ... 910111213 ...