Verizon customer here. I got the Droid Eris when it first came out. It was a nice phone, but the battery life sucked so I returned it. I turned out my ghetto fabulous Dare until I decide on a new smart phone.

I really like my girlfriend's BB Storm 1 and have tried the Storm II out at the Store. I like some of the features and the camera, but the browser is not so good. The HTC Imagio which uses the same OS that the Omnia II will have has a choice of browsers and web browsing seemed a little better on the phone with that OS.

I am primarily a consumer user and will use it for reading the web, checking Facebook..those sorts of things. Maybe playing some Hold Em.

Will the Omnia II serve me better for those needs? Windows Mobile 6.5 seems like a pretty decent mobile OS.
    11-26-09 12:18 AM
    I actually just watched the omnia 2 review and it looks nice. The only thing is its OS but win mo looks like it getting better. It has alot of nice features and the camera looks good. The storm 2 looks good as well and has the BB reliability. Just mess with each phone for awhile and see which one is good for your you.
    11-26-09 01:13 AM
    i used to be a windows man, i had htc tyne2 and that was a great phone i had the onnia and although it was a good phone i cand deal with touchscreens and the omnia battery life was very poor, since i have got a blackberry within the space of a year i have gone from pearl to curve to bold, i would say go for storm, you cant beat a berry!
    11-26-09 01:30 AM
    Android tends to misreport battery life for the first week or so, it learns your battery and usage better and reports more accurately after a break-in period. The Droid is the best IMO Verizon consumer phone for casual use and web browsing. Plus it comes with a nice facebook app built in. And has a fantastic camera.
    11-26-09 01:38 AM
    In my opinion I would say the Storm 2 because I am not a big WinMo fan at all.
    11-26-09 08:33 AM
    I had an S1 from release date to the date of release of the S2, when I picked up my current S2. I'm a huge BB fan, but then again I'm a very, very heavy email user. Browsing, not so much. Which is good because the current BB Browser isn't the greatest. The good news (I guess) is that Opera seems to perform a bit snappier, though I can't tolerate its UI. Haven't tried Bolt but have heard good things about it.

If you like the Storm, maybe have your GF let you install Bolt and Opera on hers and see if the browsing experience is up to your needs.

Based on your description of your needs though, if browsing is a top 2 or 3 issue for you, you're probably better off with a phone that has a webkit browser already. We'll probably be waiting until at least Summer 2010 for a new browser on the BB. Alternatively, you could hold out for the HTC Passion which looks like a beast (1GHz SnapDragon proc). I may add a line when that one comes out
    11-26-09 08:40 AM
    I actually just watched the omnia 2 review and it looks nice. The only thing is its OS but win mo looks like it getting better. It has alot of nice features and the camera looks good. The storm 2 looks good as well and has the BB reliability. Just mess with each phone for awhile and see which one is good for your you.
    WinMo is not getting better; the Omnia makers created a customized interface to try and decrease its imperfections (IMHO like putting lipstick on a pig). Dig down a couple of layers and you'll find WinMo and all its inadequacies. That being said, at least for now, the web browsing may have an edge over the blackberry browser. Read up on the battery life in WinMo phones, this is often a problem. From what I have read the screen for the Omnia 2 is gorgeous, my experience was with the first Omnia model.
    11-26-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD