12-04-07 05:50 AM
- Greetings all.
I am a new Blackberry owner and I have a few questions about the homescreen, themes, and connectivity.
1. I would love to have weather info, RSS feeds, links, etc. displayed on the homescreen layered over the background. Since I have an unlimited internet plan, I would like to be able to display/update these things over the background image without having to load a specific app. Is any of this possible?
2. My 8320 has wi-fi built in and can connect to the internet through my router while I am at home. Is there any way I can set up the 8320 to browse to shared folders on my computer? I have a media server here that holds all my vids and it would be nice if I could copy them to my Blackberry over the air.
3. WHERE ARE CUSTOM THEMES???? I have owned many phones and the internet is just dripping with user-made themes for them. The only themes I have really found for my 8320 are sold by sites and none of them look good to me. I would like to try making my own themes but I have no idea how that would be done.
For all I know, none of this functionality is even available. Whether it is or not, I really like my Blackberry so far. I just want to get as much out of it as I can.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Jason12-02-07 07:12 PMLike 0
- Welcome to The Crack!
1. Many people recommend Viigo for their RSS feeds. I don't think what you are looking for is possible without a third-party app.
2. Not yet. BlackBerry is working on a home-server-type suite that will allow a household of up to 5 people do just that.
3. Are you kidding me? CB has several available for download. Check out links in peoples' signatures, search the forums, people post links to new ones all the time. Check out cherrilicious. You can also install the Plazmic Theme Builder and make your own!
If you really want to get the most out of your BlackBerry, congratulations! You are totally in the right place! I learn new stuff about BB every day, here. This place is like a volcano of BlackBerry knowledge!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-04-07 05:50 AMLike 0
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD