I'll try to make this quick. I work for a software company. Our customers use lots of different devices but mostly blakcberries.
    I have used m.jonathanhfisher.co.uk/webshortcutsto create a shortcut to place on the home screen of the blackerry. Everything is working successfully, but here is my question...Is there a way to save this shortcut (the icon, the url, and the name of the shortcut) to my server or something so that my customers can simply download the file from the internet and save it to their device?
    I have LOTS of customers that would need this shortcut and I am thinking this is the easiest method. Let me know if you have any other thoughts or input. Thanks.
    02-09-11 10:46 AM
    I love using Quicklaunch and building shortcuts into the QL menu......
    02-09-11 11:14 AM
    I love using Quicklaunch and building shortcuts into the QL menu......
    Trying to keep it free and the least amount of work possible for my customers.
    The idea is that I do all the work by creating and/or saving the shortcut information. The customers would then do as little as possible to transfer that shortcut onto their device.
    02-09-11 11:35 AM
    You can put browser bookmarks on the home screen. I don't think you can send the icon to someone else.
    02-09-11 11:43 AM
    If Im understanding correctly on what you want to do, all you need to do is upload the JAD and COD file to your server, then link your customers to the JAD file.
    02-09-11 11:59 AM
    If Im understanding correctly on what you want to do, all you need to do is upload the JAD and COD file to your server, then link your customers to the JAD file.
    I am unfamiliar with this JAD and COD file you are speaking of. I am not sure that the software that I am using (stated above) creates these 2 files at my disposal. Perhaps I need to make my own JAD file and learn JAVA to do this. A lot of work for making a JAD file, uploading it to a server, and having customers download it.
    02-09-11 02:43 PM
    I am unfamiliar with this JAD and COD file you are speaking of. I am not sure that the software that I am using (stated above) creates these 2 files at my disposal. Perhaps I need to make my own JAD file and learn JAVA to do this. A lot of work for making a JAD file, uploading it to a server, and having customers download it.
    Are you using the BlackBerry JDE or Eclipse to build?
    02-09-11 03:15 PM
    I am not really a developer...I am just a QA guy. But if it is simple, then I will use Eclipse since I already have it installed.
    I'm headed home for the day..continue tomorrow!

Ok it is a new day. I have eclipse and I know a little bit of VB...that is about it.
    Anyone wanting to help, feel free. I'm gonna try to find a way to put my chat/contact info in my profile..will make things easier.
    Last edited by josh.williams; 02-10-11 at 08:21 AM. Reason: The next day...
    02-09-11 03:26 PM
    Ok Shao and others, I have all day today to work on this shortcut JAD and/or COD. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. I plan to use Eclipse to build unless any other suggestions come about.
    02-11-11 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD