The CIA agents in the series Homeland used BlackBerry smartphones with physical keyboards. I saw a BlackBerry Priv and a few older BlackBerry smartphones of the BlackBerry OS era. The terrorists without exception were using non-BlackBerry smartphones.
    12-05-16 06:02 PM
    This is simply a reflection of the fact that BB phones (especially BBOS PKB phones) were seen as "no frills government-issue" phones, because for much of this decade, those are the only people who carried them, while everyone else (who was buying their own phones and could choose whatever they wanted) bought touch-screen phones of one kind or another. Writers and prop departments make those kinds of decisions to add some realism. But newer shows with government focus will likely have iPhones and Samsungs, as they've since become the standard issue for government workers.
    12-05-16 07:46 PM
    Hmm ... reminds me that I need to start watching Homeland again. Is the new season any good? I think it was the third season I didn't like.
    12-06-16 09:32 AM
    I see BlackBerry handsets being used in the new show called Designated Survivor as well. For sure the Classic and I may have seen some other touchscreen BlackBerry device as well, possibly the Leap? But I may be mistaken on the latter. Guess this is a sign that BlackBerry handsets are still relevant in the Government space.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 10:24 AM
    No kidding, only last year when I saw 'Justified' I started looking at BlackBerry as I was unhappy with the VKB of my Galaxy... and only then got myself the first BlackBerry, a Q10

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 04:48 PM
    My buddies that work for the government need plenty of gaming apps to get through the day.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 05:38 PM
    Hmm ... reminds me that I need to start watching Homeland again. Is the new season any good? I think it was the third season I didn't like.
    I watched the four seasons on Cravetv TV after Homeland was dropped by whatever cable network carried it in Canada. I found the series quite cerebral with very deep character development, a welcome change from most dramas. The final season brings everything together and Carrie discovers the truth about the people in her life.
    12-09-16 02:33 AM
    i doubt you saw a priv. It was not even on the market yet when the last season aired.
    12-09-16 04:45 AM
    i doubt you saw a priv. It was not even on the market yet when the last season aired.
    I said I thought that I saw a BlackBerry Priv. It was definitely not an older classic style of BlackBerry.
    12-09-16 07:50 AM
    So homeland still going...
    I liked that show
    12-09-16 11:10 AM
    So homeland still going...
    I liked that show
    No, it ended after Season 4.
    12-12-16 02:11 PM
    I watched "House of Cards" and Robin Wright uses an iPhone (5S?) but the others use BlackBerrys. I think mostly 9900 or similar but sometimes it's hard to tell. The series was filmed in 2013 so I guess we'd need to figure out which were the popular models at the time.
    12-12-16 03:51 PM
    No, it ended after Season 4.
    homeland did not end. They have already had a 5th season and the 6th season starts mid January....
    12-12-16 04:14 PM
    I watched the four seasons on Cravetv TV after Homeland was dropped by whatever cable network carried it in Canada. I found the series quite cerebral with very deep character development, a welcome change from most dramas. The final season brings everything together and Carrie discovers the truth about the people in her life.
    I just started watching "Homeland" after having finished "House of Cards". Not so enamored...yet... but hopefully it'll get more interesting. Also like "Stranger Things" with Winona Ryder, although she really overacts in this one. Haven't seen any BB phones in either of those two but as I mentioned above, there were several in "House of Cards", and probably due to the security reasons that gov't. employees were issued BBs for a long time.
    12-12-16 04:37 PM