BlackBerry simply need to step it up and improve the UI. I'm loving the flat outlook but as much as I love bb (playbook was my first purchase then z10) I used a Sony z1 yesterday and was so impressed by the graphics and how snappy it was. If I do end up with an android next definitely won't be Samsung. Probably LG or Sony or nexus or next touchscreen BlackBerry releases.

Basically my point is, I also think they need to standardize app shape at least. Some are rounded some are sharp edged and others rounded square. Also better colors.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 01:54 PM
    App Icons are hard to control once you've already put out a standard. There are plenty of Apps who's developers haven't updated them since last year.... so you will never be able to go back and get everyone to meet some new standard. Unless you threaten to remove their app... which for BlackBerry might not be a smart move.

But yes the UI is pretty basic, and while 10.3 has changed things up a bit. Not sure they didn't just make it look even more basic.
    07-31-14 02:11 PM
    App Icons are hard to control once you've already put out a standard. There are plenty of Apps who's developers haven't updated them since last year.... so you will never be able to go back and get everyone to meet some new standard. Unless you threaten to remove their app... which for BlackBerry might not be a smart move.

But yes the UI is pretty basic, and while 10.3 has changed things up a bit. Not sure they didn't just make it look even more basic.
    Valid point. I just want them to get rolling with the UI. Ios is just as boring and so is Sammy but I've seen phones with stock vanilla and they look great UI based.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 03:42 PM
    They should at least give some options for UI themes. I can imagine TAT having developed several themes before the final release. Put them up for grabs in BlackBerry World!
    07-31-14 03:45 PM
    They should at least give some options for UI themes. I can imagine TAT having developed several themes before the final release. Put them up for grabs in BlackBerry World!
    Wasn't a big fan of themes before because I'd never use it on BlackBerry but it would make so much sense now especially considering how windows 7 on my pc is now themed and amazing.

How about someone start a post on icanmakeitbetter

EDIT: what are the chances there are people willing to make good themes though

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:19 PM
    I never used them on Legacy OS either, but many others did and I think they still would with BlackBerry 10 if there were some options. Once people start downloading themes, developers will keep making them. I still wouldn't really use them I think, unless there was a really awesome flat one available. I don't know. Options are almost always better.
    08-01-14 01:01 AM
    I never used them on Legacy OS either, but many others did and I think they still would with BlackBerry 10 if there were some options. Once people start downloading themes, developers will keep making them. I still wouldn't really use them I think, unless there was a really awesome flat one available. I don't know. Options are almost always better.
    I'd only pay for like a bundle that I can switch out several times

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:26 AM
    I don't understand why they didn't make a bundle on the device in the first place. I'd pay for it I think, but they'd have to be awesome.
    08-01-14 10:11 AM