I downloaded Google Maps and the Satellite view is putting the marker on my roof EXACTLY above the right room im in..
    11-24-09 04:15 AM
    They are watching you......
    11-24-09 05:10 AM
    I didn't see it as being that accurate. It's also still slow as molasses
    11-24-09 05:48 AM
    if u live in the hood...dont get Google Maps XD
    11-24-09 05:53 AM
    I downloaded Google Maps and the Satellite view is putting the marker on my roof EXACTLY above the right room im in..

Did you get it from AppWorld? I usually don't download a map service, since I carry one when I travel, but if you found one that works I'll try it....
    11-24-09 06:56 AM
    Did you get it from AppWorld? I usually don't download a map service, since I carry one when I travel, but if you found one that works I'll try it....
    m.google.com/maps
    11-24-09 07:27 AM
    I agree. When I saw the blue dot I felt as if I was being watched.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 10:54 AM
    Thats why I wear a tin foil hat
    11-24-09 11:26 AM
    Any trick to getting GPS to work and it to show up in G-Maps? Mine isn't working. I've gone into Advanced Options > GPS and turned it on, but it never is able to connect to satellites.

Any ideas?
    11-24-09 11:55 AM
    same here ^^^^
    11-24-09 11:56 AM

True........
    11-24-09 11:57 AM
    Any trick to getting GPS to work and it to show up in G-Maps? Mine isn't working. I've gone into Advanced Options > GPS and turned it on, but it never is able to connect to satellites.

Any ideas?
    First attempt is usually the longest. Stand outside in a clear area (no tall buildings around or inside your house) like a park and have it search. Can take a few mins (its taken mine over 3 mins to locate before)
    11-24-09 12:40 PM
    My ex lived in the hood and always showed I was 1/2 mile away or so and keep me over there. (Acres Homes, Houston, TX)
    11-24-09 12:41 PM
    How do you guys download google maps? I followed the link and it tells me that the application is not compatible with the 9700.
    11-25-09 01:21 AM
    I didn't see it as being that accurate. It's also still slow as molasses
    I don't know about you but 10 satellites at an accuracy of 1.27 meters to me is astounding!!! I keep hearing how slow it is and I'm not experiencing this. There is a distinct difference for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the 3G or the superior quality of this 9700 but on my 8900 what took almost a full minute if not more sometimes standing outside to pick up satellites, takes mere seconds on the 9700 and with more satellites. I've picked up as many as 10 at a time and as little as 7. I can't explain it but I'm not complaining. GM works flawlessly as does BB Maps...
    11-25-09 02:18 AM
    How do you guys download google maps? I followed the link and it tells me that the application is not compatible with the 9700.
    I have it on my 9700, so it it compatible. Just email the download link to your phone and go from there.
    11-25-09 03:21 AM
    No right from Google they offer a free mobile version.
    11-25-09 03:40 AM
    awwwwwh i always had bad luck with google maps. Maybe it's just where i live but sometimes it would take me to the wrong area.
    Last time it screwed me up was a month ago. I would refresh it over and over and it would say im in the right place. Turned out it was off by more than 10 blocks#*(%*(#@^%

i would say 95% of the time its good to me.
    11-25-09 03:43 AM
    when you first start the program, i think it finds your location using cell tower triangulation. then once gps kicks in, it starts closing in on you down to 3 meters or better.
    11-25-09 03:48 AM
    but i'd also even enter the start address and not use GPS

women arent bad at maps. Maps just hate us
    11-25-09 03:54 AM
    I know what u mean! Scaryingly goood

11-25-09 05:30 AM
    That *is* insanely accurate!!! OK so now I'm a bit freaked out....will be great when I travel but right now I feel like I have this big bull's due and my worst problem is not the DC pigeon population!!!

***Edit - actually, now that I'm at work I notice it's off by some few yards.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 11-25-09 at 06:53 AM.
    11-25-09 05:58 AM
    my gps did not get a fix (triangulation) for the first few days. then i read that some people were standing outside. made sense so i did and within a few minutes my phone had a gps fix with 4 satellites.
    since the initial fix the gps has worked flawlessly inside and out. so perhaps for the gps to work properly and find you, you will need to be in a reasonably open area to get the initial gps fix and once that is made gps will be able to follow you. obvioulsy if you are inside heavily walled buildings you will not get gps reception.....
    11-25-09 08:04 AM
    Use Google Maps in your bb browser

11-25-09 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD