Hey, I use a blue tooth ear piece for my pearl but I would like to know how I can dial a phone number and put the phone back in the holster without it going into sleeper mode. If I dial and place the phone in the holster, I lose the call. I feel like that is pointless because I should be able to store my phone and talk. Any ideas?
    06-27-08 08:51 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Under your phone's keyboard lies a magnetic senstitive switch. Inside the holster there is a magnet. When you insert the phone into the holster then manget operates the switch and the phone goes into Snandby Mode.

This is what it is designed to do. The battery savings from this are enormous.

You will need to do one of 3 things to work around this.

1). Buy a holster that does not have a magnet and forever forgo the use of Standby Mode and its battery saving.
    2). Store the phone elswhere than in the holster whilst on a call.
    3) do 1). and buy AutoStandby http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...ote=1&p=433564 so as to eliminate the need for a magnetic induced Standby Mode.
    06-27-08 09:03 AM
    Hey, I use a blue tooth ear piece for my pearl but I would like to know how I can dial a phone number and put the phone back in the holster without it going into sleeper mode. If I dial and place the phone in the holster, I lose the call. I feel like that is pointless because I should be able to store my phone and talk. Any ideas?
    When the call is active through Bluetooth, it should not automatically hang-up when holstered, even if you have a magnetized sleeper holster. Make the call and be sure it is active (the other person answers) before putting it back in the holster and it should continue. You can test this on your voicemail before doing it with a live person if you don't want to risk dropping a real call.

You can also use voice dialing. Leave the phone in the holster and press the answer/end button on your Bluetooth one time (don't hold it, just a quick press). This will automatically enable voice dialing because the Curve supports handsfree profiles. Just follow the prompts, make sure you speak loud enough and clearly, and you will be set.
    06-27-08 09:27 AM
    When the call is active through Bluetooth, it should not automatically hang-up when holstered, even if you have a magnetized sleeper holster. Make the call and be sure it is active (the other person answers) before putting it back in the holster and it should continue. You can test this on your voicemail before doing it with a live person if you don't want to risk dropping a real call.

You can also use voice dialing. Leave the phone in the holster and press the answer/end button on your Bluetooth one time (don't hold it, just a quick press). This will automatically enable voice dialing because the Curve supports handsfree profiles. Just follow the prompts, make sure you speak loud enough and clearly, and you will be set.
    That is interesting. I stand corrected. Every day I learn something new, or try to.
    06-27-08 10:21 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

Under your phone's keyboard lies a magnetic senstitive switch. Inside the holster there is a magnet. When you insert the phone into the holster then manget operates the switch and the phone goes into Snandby Mode.

This is what it is designed to do. The battery savings from this are enormous.

You will need to do one of 3 things to work around this.

1). Buy a holster that does not have a magnet and forever forgo the use of Standby Mode and its battery saving.
    2). Store the phone elswhere than in the holster whilst on a call.
    3) do 1). and buy AutoStandby so as to eliminate the need for a magnetic induced Standby Mode.
    To put the phone in standby without a magnet, can't you just hold the top button down for a couple of seconds instead of having to purchase that program?
    06-27-08 10:31 AM
    yes. that program is just for people that refuse to use a holster and cant be bothered to hit the mute button.
    06-27-08 10:55 AM
    Go to call log...
    Then do as follows:
    menu>options>general options>auto end calls> change field from "into holster" to "never"
    That should be your fix. I like to holster mine when talking too.
    06-27-08 10:56 AM
    In the Bluetooth options, set "Allow outgoing calls" to "Always."

Try these:
    Options>Security>General Settings:
    -Lock Handheld Upon Holstering - NO
    -Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked - YES
    06-27-08 11:20 AM
    I don't have an extra program and holding the Mute Button down does in fact place the phone in stand by?

To put the phone in standby without a magnet, can't you just hold the top button down for a couple of seconds instead of having to purchase that program?
    06-27-08 11:31 AM
    yes. that program is just for people that refuse to use a holster and cant be bothered to hit the mute button.
    It's a bit off topic but I think that AutoStandby is great. Once installed, the phone becomes pretty much self managing. The keyboard locks as it goes into Standby Mode and battery savings are amazing.

If I sound like I am advertizing the program, have a look over in the Developpers forum. I wrote what I wanted in such a program and zaventh came forward saying he had it half written.
    06-27-08 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD