hey people as you were so helpful on my Bold question, I know I could count on your smarts, so: I have an att curve, love it (keeping it...) and my bf went back to his old phone, so I have a free blackberry curve in my possession, I want to give it my friend, she has Tmobile... I called and someone at those rip off stores told me they would unlock it for 50 bucks, but i hear tmobile will unlock it for free? is this true? and is it safe? it will work as if it was on tmobile? no bugs? and ...really tmobile will do this?
    11-11-08 02:42 PM
    Tell them you are going to England or some European country.
    11-11-08 02:45 PM
    You can usually get it unlocked for 15$...but yeah Tmobile will unlock it for free. I'm on Rogers here in Canada and when I was in Chicago I went into a Tmobile store and smiled pretty and said "I'd like to get a Tmobile prepaid SIM for when I visit the states because Rogers roams on At&T and I find their quality awful"...guy behind the counter had it unlocked in about 2 minutes and I walked out with a 10$ prepaid SIM that I can load up new money on whenever I go to the States.

I don't know WHY they do it- most other carriers won't...but I guess Tmobile's logic is that if they want to give us money and the only thing in there way is a pesky unlock code who cares?!
    11-11-08 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD