So I had a customer come into work today, and she said that she had called 911 3 times in the last 4 days. And didn't know why. Well, appearantly when she has the keypad locked, she is holding a button or something, and making the "unlock, emergency call, or cancel" menu pop up. So how specifically does one get that option to "pop" up? Do you hold a button, push in the trackball....? And how do you keep it from doing that? Will it stop if you actually lock the phone with a passcode? Any answers?

As always...you guys are great, thanks for the help.
    07-17-08 07:41 PM
    If the keypad is locked and you press any button, that menu will come up... it doesn't on my curve, but it did on my pearl.
    07-17-08 07:42 PM
    I know this doesn't answer your question, but standby works a lot better IMO.
    07-17-08 07:43 PM
    on mine it tells me to press star then send to unlock...not the other options as stated before.
    07-17-08 10:09 PM
    on mine it tells me to press star then send to unlock...not the other options as stated before.
    i think it comes up if you have a passcode to unlock

umm how do you do stand by mode
    07-17-08 10:41 PM
    I have a curve and when the keypad is locked (I do not have a password), if you press any key to illuminate the screen and press the trackball this menu appears. I've heard of women having it in their purses and the trackball gets pressed and scrolled and pressed again and makes an emergency call.

Use standby instead. (The button at the top of the phone - looks like a mute symbol)
    07-17-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD