I think those 6 are the 3 variations on Z10 and 3 variations of Q10. The radios separating each.
    I dont think thats quite true. There are definitely lower end devices coming later in the year for markets like india, indonesia, malasia etc.

Personally i think we'll see 2 lower end devices (full touch and qwerty), and 2 variations of the higher end devices for gsm/cdma or whatever the acronyms are now.
    02-05-13 02:31 PM
    wont be 3 variations of each i dont think.
    doesnt really leave room for any lower end models.
    z10 - mid level touch
    q10 - high end qwerty
    ?? - low end qwerty
    ??-mid range qwerty
    ??-high end touch

cant think of another one, but i would assume that this is where they are headed with the 6 models
    02-05-13 02:34 PM
    I feel it would be a mistake to come out with another phone any sooner than about this time next year...if they were to come out with a better phone say this fall, a lot of people would be a little ticked that they just locked themselves into a 2 year contract on a phone only to have a new one come out in less than 6 months...

But I will say, to say there will be six phones seems to say 6 different phones, not just 2 phones with 3 variations...that would be like saying there are already 2 out there since we have a black and a white Z10!

Maybe the new phone will be out before we get the old phone here in the USA! LOL
    Don't forget that the Z and Q are really last year's phones. I would be expecting updates to these and higher end versions summer and fall. Thor has been caught on record saying higher end version are far into development.
    02-05-13 02:38 PM
    Don't forget that the Z and Q are really last year's phones. I would be expecting updates to these and higher end versions summer and fall. Thor has been caught on record saying higher end version are far into development.

When asked whether the next BlackBerry 10 phones are already on the drawing board, Heins told CTV's Canada AM, “it's further than that already."
    "It's already in the R&D lab, so my software engineers are coding, my hardware engineers are working on it, that is already done. We're looking for the next generation already," Heins said. "We had a very exciting meeting with my folks yesterday and man, we're up for some really good innovation in the future."

Read more: BlackBerry hopes to sway Canadian consumers as new model hits store shelves | CTV News
    toneytone likes this.
    02-05-13 03:10 PM
    I think those 6 are the 3 variations on Z10 and 3 variations of Q10. The radios separating each.
    No, they specifically said high, mid and low price points. So the question is, is the Z10 the high price point or the middle price point full touch screen.
    02-05-13 03:33 PM
    I'm "waiting" for the Aristo only because the rumour said "summer" at some point and that's when my upgrade is. Not holding my breath, I'll just get a Z10.
    02-05-13 03:47 PM
    at the rate mobile is advancing, you buy a device today its outdated tomorrow.
    02-05-13 04:36 PM
32 12