Our Daughter has been asking for a Curve with DATA Plan she is 16 and is currently carrying an Envy,, we got our Phone Bill yesterday and she had 8000 text messages totaling @ $400 We think she is pushing for the Curve But for a while she will be Pulling weeds in the Flower beds I wish we would of got her the Curve now ....

Who in the world is she texting....the whole city??????????
    Last edited by Queen4111; 07-10-08 at 01:23 PM.
    07-10-08 10:57 AM
    im 12 and do aroung 5000-10000 text messages per month on pearl. I have unlimited data and texting on line and i pay for my line on our family plan which comes to $50 every month and pay for that with my allowance and i do chores. my parents got the actual phone for free wit hadding a line to our family plan.

heres a better explanation of my story from the "At What age do u say is too young for a child to have a BB?" thread:

I got my first prepaid phone when I was nine, I have a blackberry now and I'm 12 I got it a month ago for my birthday. I also have very good grades and am very responsible. Lots of kids in my class have regular phones. The catch is that I have to do chores to pay $30 a month for the internet/email plan and add a line charge. Both my parents have blackberrys also so they got it for so I wasn't using my dads blackberry all the time. I also have a pasion for computers/phones/electronics so I have to have internet email and texting everywhere I go and my parents understand that. My parents also got my pearl for free with a new line at costco. I think ten is too young for a blackberry and 7 is too young for a regular cell. That's just my opinion based on experiance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    not necessarily. Im 12 and i have have a pealr that i got in march for my birthday but i pay $30 each month out of my allowance to have unlimited data on tmobile plus the add a line charge-my parents pay for the unlimited texting for our family plan. I could get a sidekick and pay only $10 a month but i want a blackberry. anyway my parents got my blackberry for free when they added a new line to their family plan.
    that is like me. im 12 and i am very tech savvy. everyone in my family and all my friends come to me for tech support and advice. I also pay the bill my self using my allowance
    why yes i do. i have a bb 8100 on tmobile.
    07-10-08 11:24 AM
    Our Daughter has been asking for a Curve with DATA Plan she is 16 and is currently carrying an Envy,, we got our Phone Bill yesterday and she had 8000 text messages totaling @ $400 We think she is pushing for the Curve But for a while she will be Pulling weeds in the Flower beds I wish we would of got her the Curve now ....
    I had that problem with my daughter too but the second time I just went ahead and added unlimited text messaging to our plan. Problem solved with that matter but now she she wants an instinct.
    07-10-08 11:54 AM
    did she not have a texting plan?
    07-10-08 12:21 PM
    Dang man. Did Verizon waive the fees? The first time I went over on T-Mobile the rep let me get unlimited texting retroactively so I ddin't have to pay the exorbitant charges.
    07-10-08 01:05 PM
    wow, that's crazy. I think she needs a job to pay for her phone bill..that would probably cut down on the texts lol.
    07-17-08 05:51 AM
    When I was young I didn't even like the phone, we were outside playing! Now with all this extra stuff no wonder our kids are fat and lazY

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 06:05 AM
    aww. people on this thread are being so mean! :-( i am a recent HS grad, and here are the apps i like:

-jivetalk
    -facebook
    -various games (klondike solitaire, etc)
    -google maps (lifesaver if you're terrible with directions! and, if she's sixteen she is/will be a new driver. very useful.)
    -viigo (she can get updates on celebrity gossip etc on her phone!)
    -the crackberry app, so help with her new bb is easily accessible
    -maxmem 2.0, so she can free up as much space as possible to add all of these fun apps!
    -have her google nancy drew themes...they have the best themes for teenage girls!

i will post more when i think of them...:-)
    07-17-08 03:58 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD