Is there a way I can hide individual files on my BlackBerry device, but so that they are easily accessible (without the use of a computer)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 09:56 PM
    Well, maybe.

You could create folders in your Media Carddeep in other folders that would make it hard to find, and fill that folder with your pRon (oops!).

Another idea might be to place the files you want unseen in a folder you create on the homescreen, and the "hide" that folder (Menu > Hide).
    03-03-08 10:31 PM
    You could create folders in your Media Carddeep in other folders that would make it hard to find, and fill that folder with your pRon (oops!).
    Busted! lol

BTW, the files still show-up in the gallery/Media... I played with a few different ideas and it seems that no matter where they are on the memory card, they show up!

Another idea might be to place the files you want unseen in a folder you create on the homescreen, and the "hide" that folder (Menu > Hide).
    How do you move files to menu folders? I only seem to be able to move them to actual folders on the memory card...
    Last edited by cyba.cowboy; 03-04-08 at 06:29 AM.
    03-04-08 06:25 AM
    I'm using os 4.5. On your memory card, there should be a hidden folder called "system".
    Anything thrown in there will NOT show up under media. At least, this is my experience. To access them, you must, either, be on a computer and set hidden folders as visible. Or, under your media menu, (with music, vids, etc.) hit the menu key, go to explore. Now go to your card, hit the menu key again, and show hidden. You should then see a folder called "system" and your hidden files can be accessed from there.
    It's sad that I know this...
    Well, it's a good way to keep other people from snooping.
    05-08-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";