I am a new BB user and I plan to use most options, especially to communicate with others. I will use my BB for both business and pleasure. I have my BB messinger set up with other users and it is great to have this feature. However, I want to keep my BB messinger private where others cannot pick up my phone and see it. I know I can hide the icons, but I want to do more than that. I want to be able to locate the BBM somewhere else where only I can find it. Plus, why do these messages go into my inbox? I was curious about that as well.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    08-15-09 07:52 PM
    The best thing is just to lock the keyboard so you need a password to access anything on your phone.
    08-15-09 07:56 PM
    If you don't want your SMS to be in with your email messages, go into Options from your Messages screen, General Options, then scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes; believe the default is "theme controlled"...click there and choose "separate" to get a separate SMS icon on your Home screen.

You could create a folder on your Home screen and move your Message icons inside of it but anyone could still open it up. The locking of the phone sounds like your best bet & easy to do.
    08-16-09 02:22 PM
    The best thing is just to lock the keyboard so you need a password to access anything on your phone.
    I agree Lock the phone
    08-16-09 02:58 PM
    Just remember to back up your phone often because after a max of 10 wrong passwords attempts your phone will be wiped.
    08-16-09 03:11 PM
    You could also make a folder named what you like and leave it down the bottom of the app screen, move your messaging icons into it and then hide them.

That would require certain steps to find them that a non BB user might not know.
    08-16-09 03:37 PM
    I would recommend putting your BBM app in a different folder. Then, go into your BBM options and dont allow the BBM messages to show in the Message area.

The only way to actually see the messages would be to go to the BBM icon placed in the folder of your choice or by using Application Switch.
    08-16-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD