I'm following this forum for one week.
    I think all you people are from Canada.
    I want to inform you about Turkish market.
    Blackberry phone sells are very bad in Turkey.
    Actually people like blackberry, people want to try bb10 os but black berry phones are too expensive in here.
    For example z10's price is 800 dolar in here.
    Blackberry z10 is plastic phone, it doesn't offer powerfull hardware.
    Camera is average ,processor is average everything is average but price is premium.
    Blackberry must change its price policy in Turkey or they will fail.
    2 years ago, iphone was dominating our market.
    Now Samsung dominates our market.
    Sony is getting better every day. I am using for example.
    I want to give information about Turkish market.
    I hope blackberry can overcome this crisis
    09-28-13 12:53 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and I agree with your points on pricing for sure.
    09-28-13 12:59 PM
    Well I'm not Canadian, but I think Balckberry's downturn really started when the first iPhone came into the market and those first adopters dropped their blackberries for Apple's device. That's where it started I believe. I would say things became noticeable in 2010 with the release of the iPhone 4 and it's new high-end design (at the time). Then in early 2011 the iPhone finally spread to other carriers beginning with Verizon.

All those loyal Verizon customers that wanted an iPhone but wouldn't leave the carrier finally dropped their blackberries and picked up an iPhone. I was one of those people. I dropped my Storm 9530 which I had since December 2008 for an iPhone and the rest is history.
    09-28-13 03:59 PM
    I'm following this forum for one week.
    I think all you people are from Canada.
    I want to inform you about Turkish market.
    Blackberry phone sells are very bad in Turkey.
    Actually people like blackberry, people want to try bb10 os but black berry phones are too expensive in here.
    For example z10's price is 800 dolar in here.
    Blackberry z10 is plastic phone, it doesn't offer powerfull hardware.
    Camera is average ,processor is average everything is average but price is premium.
    Blackberry must change its price policy in Turkey or they will fail.
    2 years ago, iphone was dominating our market.
    Now Samsung dominates our market.
    Sony is getting better every day. I am using for example.
    I want to give information about Turkish market.
    I hope blackberry can overcome this crisis
    Have you seen the quality build on iphone?willing to pay 1000 USD for that? Specs? The specs mean nothing the speed of BB10 matches or surpasses the competition! Only spec difference is GB with BB10 you have expandable option whilst iphone is 16, 32 or 64 GB which you are not given the option to expand you will be stuck with whatever you can afford with iPhone unable to expand. I have not even mentioned in addition to the BlackBerry expandable capacity you have additional storage via Drop Box and other third party apps!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 04:12 PM
    BB can't be sold at the same price of a Top notch Android or an Iphone! Only hardcore fans users will do it, and there are fewer everyday... So, no, i wont pay 400� for a Z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-28-13 04:19 PM
    Well I'm not Canadian, but I think Balckberry's downturn really started when the first iPhone came into the market and those first adopters dropped their blackberries for Apple's device. That's where it started I believe. I would say things became noticeable in 2010 with the release of the iPhone 4 and it's new high-end design (at the time). Then in early 2011 the iPhone finally spread to other carriers beginning with Verizon.

All those loyal Verizon customers that wanted an iPhone but wouldn't leave the carrier finally dropped their blackberries and picked up an iPhone. I was one of those people. I dropped my Storm 9530 which I had since December 2008 for an iPhone and the rest is history.
    BlackBerry was too complacent. When the iphone 3g launch they should have taken the queue that there is the competition. I believe z10 and q10 is suppose to be the competition of iphone 4. Now they're years late and from reading forums and blogs many ditched their BBS over iphone and android. I'm using q10 and everyone asks why I didn't get iphone. I had an iphone and wanted to try blackberry. It's funny when I had my iphone nobody asks me why I got it now I have blackberry seems like I have to defend it.

I still have hopes for blackberry. There is nothing wrong with following trends but I think blackberry is lost at sea. It seem not sure which is their target market anymore. It's like a 60 year old trying to be 18 yrs old. They're trying to be hip but this is not their core they are built for communication and business. This is what they're good at and that's what made people love them. Why do they have lots of game apps but less productive, business and financial apps? How many blackberry users plays 3 hours of games on their phone? No wonder many are still holding on to their old blackberries. They should have think of their existing customers and from their rethink and iinovate what those people need and come up with something better. Changes are good when it makes things more efficient but if it comes out late it's not so good as well cos their users are already getting other phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:45 PM