Hey everyone do we know if Verizon has crippled the GPS yet? I am not asking about google maps but instead third party apps like, nav4all, telmap, amAze GPS, etc...

Has anyone tried to load slingbox??

I will get my Tour around 10:00 Today and I will post if no one beats me to it.

Thanks!!!
    07-12-09 01:52 AM
    Thanks let us know

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 02:08 AM
    Well, Google Maps IS a 3rd Party App, I know this because, wait for it....RIM did not make a google product!
    07-12-09 02:17 AM
    sorry for not answerin ur question on the other thread patterson...ill check right now.

UPDATE:
    Nav4all didnt work for me...it wouldn't let me access the GPS. I could be doing it wrong but I went through the set up and everything. it just said that the GPS could not be "coupled"
    Last edited by CrimsonAvenger; 07-12-09 at 02:45 AM.
    07-12-09 02:36 AM
    sorry for not answerin ur question on the other thread patterson...ill check right now.

UPDATE:
    Nav4all didnt work for me...it wouldn't let me access the GPS. I could be doing it wrong but I went through the set up and everything. it just said that the GPS could not be "coupled"
    Thanks, I was afraid of that! Could you do me one more huge favor Avenger? Try amazegps you can go to amazegps.com from your phone and download.

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly!!!
    07-12-09 09:54 AM
    So Google Maps works with the internal GPS? As long as the GPS works w/ Google Maps I'll be happy. I use Google Maps on my 8830 and love it. No need for turn-by-turn.
    07-12-09 10:04 AM
    I used Google Maps.

When I first started it, it said... "your location within 1700 meters... Waiting on GPS" about 30 seconds later, it repositioned the map, and gave me my location saying "your location within 8 meters." As I zoomed in the map, it was accurately showing my location.

At one point it went down to 3 meters.

I haven't tried any other GPS apps, besides VZnav and BB Maps, both of which work fine as expected.
    07-12-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD