Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By katiepea
  • 1 Post By vespajet
  • 2 Post By emstardeluxe
  • 1 Post By netwerx1
  • 1 Post By neteng1000
  • 1 Post By neteng1000
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hey Starbucks

My letter to Starbucks (please send them one also)
    I am disappointed that you are no longer providing an app for blackberry. I am not planning on switching my phone for a cup of coffee so I am sad to say I am switching to the new indy coffee shop that opened down the street. When you decide to build an app for my new blackberry 10, I will come back. I hope the other blackberry users and I are still valuable customer to you, because we don't feel like it!!!

I hope to be back soon,

Me

send yours at Mobile Applications | Starbucks Coffee Company
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Damn i hope they listen to us
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,294 Global Posts

I would encourage you to keep your business at the local indie shop. Supporting your local businesses is the best way to help your community.
    Thanked by 3:
    aniym (02-09-2013),  Barracuda7772 (02-09-2013),  Taigatrommel (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

Hey Starbucks-2004032901_display-35.gif

Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    I would encourage you to keep your business at the local indie shop. Supporting your local businesses is the best way to help your community.
    Exactly. I work for a small independently owned coffee and tea distributor and one of the areas I deliver to is a small college town and there are several independent coffee places on the town square that I deliver to. The college is right off the town square and recent expansion at the college included a new campus bookstore with a Starbucks in it. The Starbucks hasn't hurt those places at all because they cater to a different clientele. The Starbucks is where the college students and faculty tend to go while the locals and most tourists hit the locally owned independent shops. I rarely go to Starbucks and when I do, it's when I;m on vacation and the choice is either Starbucks or some really bad coffee concentrate.

Many app developers that haven't gotten onboard with BB10 despite having prior BB versions apps are likely waiting to see how sales go before committing to a BB10 version of the app. If some of the travel apps I like to use are not available when I finally get my Z10, I can simply access what I need via the web browser.
    Andrew4life likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    That's why I want them to hurry up with the nfc credit card apps (like CIBC's Mobile Payment App) that would work anywhere a shop has a relatively new merchant terminal with paypass/paywave. Forget starbucks, I want to pay with my phone everywhere!
    Clinto and Stephen Cooper like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

Wish did have an indie coffee shop in my town honestly...especially one that had a rewards program, I get a lot of free sh*t from the green mermaid using my gold card
    #itsjustaphone

My band Fuse Box (powered by BlackBerry)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

I want to open my own coffee shoppe. Add the to the list of entrepreneurial things I want to do. I use to work at an Italian bakery where I made a mean cappuccino and latte. For me, nothing is better then a latte made perfectly. Using good beans that are fresh. I mean not packaged and bout from a can or bag. A burlap sack full of uncooked beans we had to roast. That being said there's no indie shops around me and I gotta use them. So I want the app. Till I open mine and buy some blue Mountain beans, I'll use that. Sorta wish I lived in Oregon but then they will laugh at my blackberrys
    CrackBerry Addict

Sorry but I love Starbucks even though there's a lot of indie options here. Starbucks has an amazing and consistent experience plus they are everywhere.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,295 Global Posts

I don't know why but this thread made me laugh. We don't have a Starbucks here in the sticks and I'm not actually fond of Tim's but I really like McDonalds coffee. Never looked to see if they had an app.

So what does a Starbucks app do? Maybe I can agitate for my local Mcd's to do one.

I also like our local indie coffee shop with their fair trade coffee.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Timmies is way better coffee anyway. Plus they have a very nice app!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,375 Global Posts

100% agree.

Sideloading the starbucks app from Android does NOT work. It was attempted tonight at my request by Lendo78
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  12. JNM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

If BlackBerry 10 does well, there will be an applicatio , but not until it is really worth it to them.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

I think any coffee shop no matter how small aspires to become Starbucks lol

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

At this time, I do not have any information regarding if or when our mobile app will be available on the Blackberry devices, however I will forward your comments to our mobile team, so they know you are interested in it,

I would also like to invite you to visit My Starbucks Idea [emphasis mine]. This website is a forum where you can share your ideas, tell us what you think of other people's ideas and join the discussion that will help shape Starbucks future. Many of the ideas shared have already been turned into action.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We would love to hear your feedback. Click here to take a short survey.

Sincerely,

D**** B

customer service
    My BlackBerry 10 Apps

Amino Acids | Days Lived | ROT13 Encryptor | Shh Chat

|---- Paid ----| |----------------------- Free! ------------------------|
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

Has anyone tried sideloading the Android Starbucks app? I'm planning to do so once I get my Z10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBD52E (Feel Free To Shoot Me A Msg)

I too like to support my local cofee shops. I agree with some of the others though.. I just can't find a local shop that has coffee that tastes as strong and bold as Starbucks darn it. Nor do they provide me with that awesome caffeine high that compares to Starbucks. I swear they put something extra in there that makes you feel so darn good. LOL..

Maybe this app defecit will encourage me to keep trying new local shops to support the little guy.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Hey Starbucks

Starbucks gives me heartburn Maybe its just me but I perfer McD's coffee over that stuff any day
    Thanked by:
    bahandi (02-09-2013) 
    bahandi likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBD52E (Feel Free To Shoot Me A Msg)

Ha! All you guys that like McDonalds coffee is funny! I seriously mean no disrespect. But to me McDonalds coffee just tastes like coffee flavored water. I've drank it before and will drink it again when I have to. But I just sure won't drive past a "real" coffee shop to get to McDonalds for a good cup of coffee. That is just plain funny!

But hey, if it works for ya, more power to you.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Does android have starbucks app?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Once you go local you never go back

Odd's are the local down the street will have much better coffee than Starbucks anyways. You've been drinking fast food coffee, your about to try real coffee brewed by people who care about coffee. Thank them for opening your eyes and keep movin.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Clinto View Post
    Ha! All you guys that like McDonalds coffee is funny! I seriously mean no disrespect. But to me McDonalds coffee just tastes like coffee flavored water. I've drank it before and will drink it again when I have to. But I just sure won't drive past a "real" coffee shop to get to McDonalds for a good cup of coffee. That is just plain funny!

But hey, if it works for ya, more power to you.
    Everyone has different taste I guess. I just can't drink it. Mickey D's works for me for 1/4 the price
    Clinto likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    Does android have starbucks app?
    Yes, I am currently using it on Android. Have to say though, the Starbucks support for the Android app has been pretty bad. It took them quite a while to fix the app after it broke when Jelly Bean was released.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

lol, when blackberry can't even be bothered to release their own bb travel app (among others) is it any surprise third parties are moving even slower??

the app picture will be clearer by the us release date...I suggest to wait until then to get a more accurate picture before you start boycotting establishments and entire corporations.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I drink enough Dunkin Donuts coffee to kill a Rhino. My most used iPhone app is the DD app. Hope it comes to the Z10 in time for the March debut.