Ok well I have read many reviews and from what I have read the blackberry takes the win! I got a unlocked blackberry as a gift I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get it activated with vzw and if so will they lock out the wifi like the blackberrys they sale? Another question I wanted to know is if I get it activated will they make me get the data plan i dont want it.
    03-09-09 03:54 AM
    If your device info is correct and you have an 8900, unlocked or not, it cannot be used on Verizon wireless. 8900 is a GSM phone, Verizon is a CDMA network.
    03-09-09 05:04 AM
    I see so many posts like this where people say they don't want the data plan for their BB and I just can't understand why. iirc Alltell is one of the only major US carriers that require a data plan on a BB but still I can't imagine having one without data usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 07:17 AM
    Is there a blackberry that they will activate? and I don't see the point in the getting a phone from Verizon when they lock the wifi just to make people buy there data plan. If i buy a phone I want all the features that come with it. Thats just me.
    03-09-09 10:19 AM
    VZW does not have a wifi model blackberry at this point. The upcoming 9630 may, or may not, have it, we shall see in a few months. Right now if you want wifi, on your VZW phone you mjust go the Winmo route.
    03-09-09 10:31 AM
    VZW does not have a wifi model blackberry at this point. The upcoming 9630 may, or may not, have it, we shall see in a few months. Right now if you want wifi, on your VZW phone you mjust go the Winmo route.
    The 9630 as I read from boy genius it will not have wifi.
    03-09-09 10:36 AM
    sounds like blackberry fails
    03-09-09 10:41 AM
    which blackberrys come with wifi. I just talked to my local cell company they said they can switch over a blackberry if it came from a CDMA network im just wanted a blackberry for the wifi. lol
    03-09-09 11:25 AM
    Are you talking about WiFi, or web access through your cell provider using a data plan? There's a bit difference...
    03-09-09 12:29 PM
    I'm looking for wifi. not web access through cell provider. The network I'm on is a local one. They said if I can find a Blackberry with Wfi they will hook it up on my local service. They just said they can't use it if it requires a sims card. Has to be the same network type as sprint. They already switched one phone for me from Sprint. It was the Rumor.
    03-10-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD