Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By w0lfgang
  • 2 Post By chrysaurora
  • 4 Post By RubberChicken76
  1. w0lfgang's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    856 Posts
    Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Hey Marketing Department, here is your NEXT big campaign

    Swag Bags at the Oscars, Feb. 24....a new Z10/X10 for everyone except Samuel L. Jackson and Martin Scorcese....haha
  2. Clinto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBD52E (Feel Free To Shoot Me A Msg)
    #2  

    Default

    Now That Is An Awesome Idea! You want celebrity support? Boom! Done!
    Last edited by Clinto; 01-26-2013 at 12:58 PM.
  3. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Stupid idea really, odds are that most of the time those swag bags get handed off to their PA and ignored, Rim's approach of giving out bb10 handsets to celebs who are into gadgets like Stephen Fry or Jonathan Ross seems like a far more sensible option even if some people do then assume they are being paid to say nice things about the phones.
  4. Bairdo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    While you're likely right, everything that's included in those swag bags are usually widely reported in the media lead-up to the Oscars, that in itself would be worth it even if none of them use their devices. But there are a ton of celebrity Crackberry addicts so I don't think it would be as poorly received as you think.
  5. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,406 Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Hey Marketing Department, here is your NEXT big campaign

    I think an awesome spot for advertising blackberry 10 woukd be the lights at picadally circus in london or times square new york.... I live in london... and its literally the brightest thing there and the first thing you notice with zillions of tourists taking pictures of it as its world famous.... samsung have been up there....

    its our turn now!
  6. Banco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    483 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Tourists might look, but I can honestly say I never pay the slightest attention to who is advertising at Piccadilly Circus. I wonder how effective it is....
  7. snaqvi91's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    If they could project BlackBerry 10 with the icon into the sky like in Batman that would be super awesome marketing.
  8. chrysaurora's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,027 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I'd like to reiterate my idea here as well:

    Start a "free trial" program. Allow customers to try out a BlackBerry 10 device for few days (say, 3 days? a week?). After that period, if customer decides to purchase BlackBerry 10 device, give this customer some sort of coupon (app store credit?) or something. If customer decides to not purchase a BlackBerry 10 device, that's fine, take it back, no obligations.

    All RIM needs to do is, ship a few "trial only" devices to major carrier stores / BestBuy/ FutureShop (could be similar to Dev Alpha, sealed battery, but a user accessible sim card slot). Whenever a customer comes to purchase a phone, the sales-person can offer customer BlackBerry 10 device for a few days trial. Customer will continue to use their own sim card though.

    My reasoning for this is: I find BlackBerry to be addictive. But it's hard to explain BlackBerry's features. For eg: when I tell my friends that I have "unified mailbox" (also known as Hub in new BlackBerry 10 lingo), they don't realize how cool of a feature it is. It is something that needs to be experienced. Same goes for other quintessential BlackBerry features (keyboard short-cuts, auto-text/word substitution, unified mailbox, parental controls, red LED notification light etc.). These features need to be "experienced" to get a feel of how powerful they are. I am confident that if you allowed a person few days of BlackBerry (10) experience, the person will get hooked!
    *******
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

    IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    harshalbid271 and mrskycar like this.
  9. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,004 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,007 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Stupid idea really

    Is it really necessary to call people and their ideas "stupid" just because you don't personally agree?
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thanked by:
    Clinto (01-27-2013) 
  10. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,436 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,591 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Is it really necessary to call people and their ideas "stupid" just because you don't personally agree?
    I don't think they are calling the person stupid, just the idea. Very smart people can have stupid ideas also.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  11. MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,032 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default Hey Marketing Department, here is your NEXT big campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    I'd like to reiterate my idea here as well:

    Start a "free trial" program. Allow customers to try out a BlackBerry 10 device for few days (say, 3 days? a week?). After that period, if customer decides to purchase BlackBerry 10 device, give this customer some sort of coupon (app store credit?) or something. If customer decides to not purchase a BlackBerry 10 device, that's fine, take it back, no obligations.

    All RIM needs to do is, ship a few "trial only" devices to major carrier stores / BestBuy/ FutureShop (could be similar to Dev Alpha, sealed battery, but a user accessible sim card slot). Whenever a customer comes to purchase a phone, the sales-person can offer customer BlackBerry 10 device for a few days trial. Customer will continue to use their own sim card though.

    My reasoning for this is: I find BlackBerry to be addictive. But it's hard to explain BlackBerry's features. For eg: when I tell my friends that I have "unified mailbox" (also known as Hub in new BlackBerry 10 lingo), they don't realize how cool of a feature it is. It is something that needs to be experienced. Same goes for other quintessential BlackBerry features (keyboard short-cuts, auto-text/word substitution, unified mailbox, parental controls, red LED notification light etc.). These features need to be "experienced" to get a feel of how powerful they are. I am confident that if you allowed a person few days of BlackBerry (10) experience, the person will get hooked!
    How is that any different from using the 14 day trial period offered by carriers?


    Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
  12. chrysaurora's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,027 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
    How is that any different from using the 14 day trial period offered by carriers?


    Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    14 day trial period is officially not backed or advertised by RIM. So, they won't be advertising it as such. And sales-person won't try to tell their customer "Hey, you want an iPhone? Let me offer you a free trial of BlackBerry 10 first. If you don't like it, come back in few days and return it and get whatever device you want". Carrier's 14-day return is just-in-case user is not satisfied. It's not "proactive" marketing.

    Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I recall that it comes with an incredibly stupid restriction (you can return the device only if you have used less than 30 minutes or so. Such restricted usage/return policy is not enough to give you "full" BlackBerry experience).

    Found this on Rogers's website:
    Return Policy

    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the product as follows: (a) wireless devices within 15 days from the date of activation with less than 30 minutes of airtime used (see “Cancelling an Order ” below for further details), (b) wireless accessories within 15 days of purchase, and (c) all other products within 30 days of purchase. While all orders are checked for accuracy before leaving the warehouse, it is your responsibility to review the contents of your order when received. All returns must be sent back as described in the documentation included with your order, and cannot be returned to any of our retail locations.
    Source: http://www.rogers.com/web/content/su...s/store-policy
    *******
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

    IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
  13. raino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,294 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,424 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    In the US, there's so airtime restriction for returns. 49 states are on a 14-day return window, one state gives a 30-day return period.

    Either way you pay for usage.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

    Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 02:58 PM
  2. Twitter is OUT : Flutter is the Next Big Thing
    By ninja please in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
  3. CB Addicts and BB Techy's - Here is Your Challenge, FIX BBM For Thousands of Us
    By ToastPerfect in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 05:43 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 12:57 AM
  5. here is your ringtone?
    By Mayhem1075 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions