Maybe its somewhere I haven't seen yet. But what are the other mobile nations crew thinking about BB10? Is Phil lovin sideloading and then multi-tasking between his fav 'droid apps? is Rubino all about the hub and call quality? Is Renee testing it out to see what he thinks? Have they even tried it? You did your mobile tour, they should take a walk on the wild side just so at the least they are more informed. Any opinions?
    05-07-13 12:37 AM
    #TM13 , there cooking up something along their mobile nations round robin but bigger and better. Should start seeing some of the stuff in a couple weeks.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:48 AM
    They all have given their thoughts on it at some point or another, usually on podcasts and such.
    05-07-13 05:09 AM
    They all have given their thoughts on it at some point or another, usually on podcasts and such.
    Great. Got some links? any write-ups like Kevins? thanks for such a succint answer.
    05-07-13 12:04 PM
    I'm not an EIC, but I get around the other sites and can offer my thoughts.

The biggest thing for me with BB10 is that it feels original, namely in that you aren't staring at a home or a back button through most of your experience. I haven't spent a lot of time with Windows Phone, but to me it's the primary competitor for BB10. The smartphone market at this point can barely handle three platforms, right now, nevermind four. That said, Microsoft has had two and a half years to make their case, and they haven't been able to pull it off yet. Given, Microsoft has said on record that it would take five years to reach maturity, I think BlackBerry has a lot more mindshare to work with. As for features, BB10 has a lot of features from 7.1 to catch up with, but for most everyday shoppers will be more interested in performance (which is rock solid) than feature set.

I like the Q10 over the Z10, almost as much because of the battery as the keyboard. I find it's a lot easier making the hub gesture from the middle of the Q10 than the bottom of the Z10, too. People keep hounding about app selection, but I really can't imagine a must-have app that I don't have on BB10 yet. Google Maps, maybe? Whatever, it's good enough for me. I've actually been pretty impressed with the games lineup so far. The build quality on both the Z10 and Q10 are great. I would be hard-pressed to find any serious complaints.

Anyway, that's a smattering of my impressions so far.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:58 PM