New to the site and relatively new to Blackberry. I bought a Pearl earlier this year shortly after last Christmas and I had it until I bought an iPhone. Big mistake. Anyway, I sold my iPhone on eBay and bought an 8300 Curve on AT&T and got a ton of dust under the screen, so I exchanged it. I tried the titanium 8320 and the 8800, and I didn't like them much, either. Don't like the trackball as much considering my first Blackberry was a Pearl. Left AT&T after some time and tried out the 8703e from Verizon but I got great reception everywhere EXCEPT my house where I do the bulk of my work. Finally decided I liked the form factor enough to buy the 8700g from T-Mobile; my current phone and carrier.

Just wanted to say what's up.
    Last edited by Crackburry; 11-03-07 at 09:23 PM.
    11-03-07 09:19 PM
    What up!! And welcome to CB!!!
    11-03-07 09:24 PM
    Thanks! I lurked on here a lot when I had some issues on my Blackberry and finally decided I'd register and participate.
    11-03-07 09:28 PM
    I guess I'll hijack your thread and say hello also...

Don't have a Blackberry yet.
    After spending a weekend back home in Jersey with a friend and seeing him use his for just about everything, and constantly hearing my brother in law talk about his, I finally decided that I am going to take the plunge.

The new $15 cheaper data plan on VZ helped me make up my mind also.

My "Every 2" isn't up until January though...

Must exercise patience.

I guess I'll just read up and learn for now, but I will be around.

Regards,
    Paul
    11-03-07 09:31 PM
    Verizon's service up in my area is really good, but I didn't get a signal in my apartment, which is 27 stories up in a concrete building. But it seems that Verizon's selection is pretty limited with the Blackberry, though I really like their 8703e more than the 8830 World Phone. Do they have the Pearl yet? I liked it when I had it and had no problems with it. Took me a week to get used to the SureType text entry.
    11-03-07 09:35 PM
    welcome guys.
    there are a lot of really helpful people here. welcome to the crack...

-db
    11-03-07 09:38 PM
    The Pearl is out for pre-order last time I looked... I think available on the 7th or 8th...

I'm told that there are rumors of the Curve being available in Q1 2008. My luck, January will roll around, I'll be ready to re-up with the new phone, and I will have to wait longer.

I think I'll just duct tape my Palm Tungsten to my Razr and pretend it's a Blackberry for now...
    11-03-07 09:41 PM
    Welcome!!
    I think Verizon is getting a new BB.
    Sorry to hear about your reception. How was it with AT&T? I know I can talk on mine in an elevator at times (found out by a total fluke of me tryin to lose a long winded caller, Lol!)
    11-03-07 10:46 PM
    Welcome!!
    I think Verizon is getting a new BB.
    Sorry to hear about your reception. How was it with AT&T? I know I can talk on mine in an elevator at times (found out by a total fluke of me tryin to lose a long winded caller, Lol!)
    My reception on AT&T was/is great (I still have a RAZR which I use for voice only) but I wasn't too happy with some of the things they had done on my bill and service; especially for Blackberry. So, I switched to using the Blackberry 8700g on T-Mobile and I'm perfectly happy with the service and reception, but I'm also satisfied with my free RAZR for voice calls. I can get reception on both phones in our elevators. I just couldn't get a thing from Verizon in here, but I really liked their service outside of my building. Anywhere and all over the Bay Area was great and the EVDO speed was nice.
    11-03-07 11:20 PM
    Welcome Crackburry!

My BlackBerry before my 8320 was the 8700g and I just love that BlackBerry. Had naviwilliams didn't show off his Gold Curve to me, I wouldn't have bought the 8320 that same day.
    11-04-07 12:07 AM
    The Pearl is out for pre-order last time I looked... I think available on the 7th or 8th...

I'm told that there are rumors of the Curve being available in Q1 2008. My luck, January will roll around, I'll be ready to re-up with the new phone, and I will have to wait longer.

I think I'll just duct tape my Palm Tungsten to my Razr and pretend it's a Blackberry for now...

Don't hold out for the 8330 Curve on Verizon... It may not happen at all.
    11-04-07 12:29 AM
    whorizon suxors anyway get tmos @home service and an 8320 you good on reception then anybody know if tmo's getting the 8820 i know they are getting the 91xx and 9300 series next year.
    11-04-07 01:00 AM
    uh boy....smfh
    Last edited by John Clark; 11-04-07 at 01:29 AM.
    11-04-07 01:26 AM
    uh boy....smfh
    HAHAHA, this one cracked me up. Be nice John, be nice
    11-04-07 09:11 AM
    whorizon suxors anyway get tmos @home service and an 8320 you good on reception then anybody know if tmo's getting the 8820 i know they are getting the 91xx and 9300 series next year.
    I didn't know that "whorizon" really sux0rZZZ that much. I was under the impression that they have really good service in most major locations in the U.S., especially the West Coast where I live. I'll grant that their plans aren't as competitive as AT&T's Rollover Minutes plan, or T-Mobile's MyFaves option, but they can't be that sUx0rS if they're one of the top three service providers in the nation.

I was pretty happy with their customer service and their in-store service for the brief period of time I was with them. While it's subjective and something that varies from location to location, they were much better than AT&T in-store, surpassed only by T-Mobile who were extremely friendly and honest in the store. I did some research before going to T-Mobile and when I hit them with the pricing and options I found, they didn't play stupid at all. They were shocked at how good one plan was, but didn't try to avert me to another plan. They even had me come around the counter to look at the screen to confirm my plan and that I had guessed it right.

Every carrier has their ups and downs. In the future (hopefully the distant future as I want my 8700g to last a loooong time) I might get something like the Curve on T-Mobile. When my family contract expires on AT&T, I don't plan to renew. Depending on where I live, I may move them all onto Verizon or T-Mobile.
    11-04-07 11:48 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-07 12:02 PM
    Hey Crackburry welcome aboard...
    11-05-07 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the welcome, all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-07 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD