Whatever their reluctance to develop a product that is at least on par with the other players (in terms of specs) is, they need to get rid of it!

RIM needs to come out with a device that is ahead of the rest AT LAUNCH in at least two usable areas whether it be quad-core, 64 gig storage, super screen display or whatever. They need to be the first at something and make it big.

Then they need to develop or have another company develop about 5 kick *** apps that are baked into the OS. Imagine having to be able to tout VCN capability (controlling your PC) right out the box. Or think about how attractive it would be to have the ability to simply "project" your smartphone visual either onto your PlayBook (as opposed to pairing it) or giving it the capability to have HDMI out where you can actually show what's on your phone to any device accepting HDMI input regardless of the bluetooth capability.

It's no secret that RIM has been experiencing some brutal criticism lately and it will NEVER get better if RIM continues to put out products that simply keeps up with the competition as opposed to breaking ground.

I hope they do because I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my BlackBerry.
    Rickroller likes this.
    09-26-11 10:24 PM
    They didn't even put auto-focus in the 99X0...
    09-26-11 10:53 PM
    E-mail RIM and also, tweet your ideas to all the blackberry twitter accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 01:42 AM
    I dont think they should get into spec wars with other platforms because they will surely loose that battle, especially with their main form factor. I think the the next generation of Blackberry with QNX should start with the 9850/60 form factor, maybe a larger touchscreen, but no physical keyboard. They should get a bunch of strong apps and those apps should integrate with BBM. They really need to think outside of the box and stop holding on the past and shake things up a little.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    09-27-11 01:05 PM
    I would say that RIM has to generally improve the Blackberry experience as Apple as pretty much unified theirs. Make it a pleasure to use. Once Blackberrys have that fun, smooth and cool experience, people will love it as it fulfills work and pleasure requirements.

RIM can beat Apple on productivity any day with more buttons, quicker email, bbm, battery life, and email options and integration.

They have to focus more on software, because they make good hardware already. With the new OS coming, and lots of pressure on them, I'm sure it will help create the Blackberry everyone wants.
    09-27-11 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD