Here is why RIMM stock down this morning...
11-13-12 05:52 PM
- This Wallstreet analyst is never get tired of bashing RIMM stock "Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Pacific Crest predicts that BB10 will gain a lukewarm response at best and ultimately fail. According to the firm, it is possible that the company waited too long for an asset sale, and it believes that the stock will come under further pressure. The firm keeps its Underperform rating on the stock."11-07-12 09:49 AM
- 11-07-12 10:11 AM
- The Markets hate uncertianty and are not sure whats going to happen. Maybe more taxes, more regulations, unfriendly attitude toward business. I think it wll not be a good atmosphere to launch BB10 in. Many wont beable to afford. Gas will rise and available money will shrink. Its not going to be pretty.11-07-12 10:35 AM
- It actually has very little to do with the election and more to do with some of the grim news in Europe. The futures markets were doing okay after the election, but they all showed sharp declines after the Europe news broke early this morning.11-07-12 10:53 AMLike 2
- 11-07-12 11:01 AM
Exactly....!!!! Thanks for clarifying. Has nothing to do with the elections!!11-07-12 01:03 PM
Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one. Sometimes it's not.
In this instance, the market is reacting to Germany's woes and oil prices.
Nothing to do with the US election.11-07-12 02:02 PM
- I don't actually have a strong opinion about this one....Europe or Obama or analyst, I think it may be all 3, but I did see this just a little while ago:
RIM shares sink as analyst warns BB10
So some believe it is because of the analyst. Of course, I never thought much of the "surge" either. Nothing substantial has changed.11-07-12 06:32 PM
- I have given analysts the benefit of the doubt before.. you can't expect everyone analyst to be positive.... some analysts are neutral or negative, but with good reason.
This guy is looking like an epic clown, though. He has not given any solid reasoning for his claims.
Unfamiliar user interface? You mean consumers expect to see the same user interface each time they switch a platform? Do they expect to see the same interface when they switch from BB to iPhone, or from iPhone to Android, etc etc? Are you out of your mind?
Lack of complementary technology? What do you even mean by that? What technology is BB10 not expected to support?
Lack of apps? Have you even waited for the phone to be released to make that call? RIM expects there to be a 100,000 apps by launch. That's a fairly hefty number, not exactly "lacking".
I am really surprised these armchair experts are taken seriously by the media and the technology community. These airheads shouldn't be presented on TV unless they have solid reasoning to back up their claims.11-07-12 10:13 PM
- 11-07-12 10:29 PM
- OK, well you are agreeing with him then that the user interface will be unfamiliar, but you feel one would be "out of (their) mind" to believe that could be a factor. I disagree....I'm not sure how much of a factor it will be, but I think it is one, and it's something RIM should be very mindful of.
My point is - so what? You can argue that it will be a factor for consumers all you want, but at best it will be be an insignificant factor. Consumers switch platforms regularly.. yet unfamiliar interface is not among the top concerns when making the switch.It's a vague phrase for sure...I assume he is talking about MS with it's win 8/surface/laptops....and Apple with it's ipads/ipods.Um....well in all fairness, you can't accuse him of not waiting for the release to make that call, and then assert the opposite! LOLOn that we agree, there are a lot of vacuous "experts" who get attention out there.
Last edited by S180; 11-12-12 at 07:10 PM.11-12-12 06:33 PM
- I am agreeing him on the principal that the interface will not be familar, yes.
My point is - so what? You can argue that it will be a factor for consumers all you want, but at best it will be be an insignificant factor. Consumers switch platforms regularly.. yet unfamiliar interface is not among the top concerns when making the switch.I a
Guys like this make me believe less and less in the mass media -- I mean it's overwhelmingly clear that he has an agenda against RIM -- either personal or business. I am not one for imaging things or believing conspiracy theories. I believe negative news is fine as long as it's honest and unbiased. But this guy is a textbook case of analysts who need to be investigated for misleading investors.
1.unfamiliar user interface - you have now admitted that it will be unfamiliar, however you claim that will absolutely not be a factor. That is fine, however, it does not constitute a lack of "reasoning" on his part. In fact, this point was part of his argument, and you, in disagreeing with him, have shown no more rigorous evidence than he did.
2.complementary technology - again, this was another line of argument he presented. You have now admitted you don't understand this phrase at all, and doubt it makes any sense in any context. That is fine, however, I have pointed out what I believe he probably intended as this phrase, and my guess is, he believed the phrase so "obvious" as not to require greater elaboration. Again, we cannot know, perhaps he just made up those words, or perhaps he was referring to the other products from the rival companies. Each person can decide that for themselves.
3.lack of apps - again, another one of his reasons, and your only objection to it was that you didn't feel he should be able to assert that now, of course, you then committed the same "error" by asserting that there WOULD be plenty of apps
Overall, I find these 3 objections somewhat threadbare. If others find them convincing, again, so be it.11-12-12 08:48 PMLike 1
- Popular at CrackBerry
- General BlackBerry Discussion
Here is why RIMM stock down this morning...
- By hucworld in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 22Last Post: 02-07-10, 03:57 AM
- By davefromohio in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-09, 08:47 AM
- By Five in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 44Last Post: 10-04-09, 04:45 PM
- By msnider73 in forum Storm Rants & Raves ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 02-18-09, 01:14 AM
- By GT in forum News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-07, 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD