Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By timmy t
  1. timmy t's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,311 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    RIM BB10: What happens if it’s a success | Trading Desk | Investing | Financial Post

    "In the words of Scotiabank analyst Gus Papageorgiou, the Street is expecting Research In Motion’s BB10 to be a “disaster.”
    The new operating system, now scheduled for release in 2013, has already seen a couple of delays, the most recent one seeing the OS pushed back from the fourth quarter of 2012 to the first quarter of 2013.
    One analyst is even speculating that BB10 could be delayed once again.
    But what if all those gloomy analysts are wrong — and BB10 turns out to be a success?..."
    00stryder and richardat like this.
  2. richardat's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,318 Posts
    #2  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post
    RIM BB10: What happens if it’s a success | Trading Desk | Investing | Financial Post

    "In the words of Scotiabank analyst Gus Papageorgiou, the Street is expecting Research In Motion’s BB10 to be a “disaster.”
    The new operating system, now scheduled for release in 2013, has already seen a couple of delays, the most recent one seeing the OS pushed back from the fourth quarter of 2012 to the first quarter of 2013.
    One analyst is even speculating that BB10 could be delayed once again.
    But what if all those gloomy analysts are wrong — and BB10 turns out to be a success?..."
    It's an interesting article and I think largely reasonable. I think even with a modest success RIM MAY be able to stem some bleeding.....but I think there are 3 problems:
    1.this assumes developing nations sales remains strong...while I expect this to be true in the short term, this is definitely not a given over the next year or 2. Especially if BB10 also is not a huge hit there
    2.I forget the 2nd problem LOL
    3.yes, staying in business is good, but those kinds of figures, even if making a small profit, still represent marketshare loss, and going backwards. In a market like the smartphone market is now, you need to go forward and grow, and grow at a pace at least as big as your competitors (especially when you're a small fish), or you're in huge trouble long term.
  3. steve911's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    147 Posts
    #3  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    If BB10 is successful I'll,

    1. Finally breath easy knowing that the world has more to offer then consumer centric, app playing device that can also be somewhat used as a communications device. Instead I'll have a SECURE hardcore communications device that can rival and even surpass the competition in it's ability to run any app thrown its way.
    2. I'll pat myself on the back knowing the money I've invested in RIM was a good bet and will be soo happy to see it's value climb.
    3. I would also jump on over to all the other sites like ibgr to watch the backlash be unleashed upon them by their readers.

    In this exact order too.
  4. richardat's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,318 Posts
    #4  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    If BB10 is successful I'll,

    1. Finally breath easy knowing that the world has more to offer then consumer centric, app playing device that can also be somewhat used as a communications device. Instead I'll have a SECURE hardcore communications device that can rival and even surpass the competition in it's ability to run any app thrown its way.
    2. I'll pat myself on the back knowing the money I've invested in RIM was a good bet and will be soo happy to see it's value climb.
    3. I would also jump on over to all the other sites like ibgr to watch the backlash be unleashed upon them by their readers.

    In this exact order too.
    Yikes. 1. is just rhetoric....many corporations finding IOS secure enough for them, and some thinking it more secure than BB
    2.I feel for you
    3.OK....I guess you don't begrudge people from sites like that coming here now to troll CB
  5. steve911's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    147 Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    Rhetoric? Some think its more secure than BB? You don't actually believe this? Maybe it's because I don't trust the government, maybe its my provider I don't trust or the fact that I don't trust any corporation. Whatever it is "secure enough" doesnt make me feel confident. Yes I prefer security over just about anything else when it comes to the privacy and safety of my family or myself when I carry this thing around. I don't want to be tracked. I don't want ppl to know what I do with my phone.

    I never said I would troll those sites. I did explicity say I would *watch* the readers on those sites.
    Last edited by steve911; 10-17-2012 at 03:58 PM.
  6. Thunderbuck's Avatar

    Posts
    5,283 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7
    #6  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    Market share is not the most important metric in an emerging category, and believe it or not Smartphones ARE still an emerging category. There are a billion of them in use now and that is expected to double within a couple of years.

    Obviously, having good market share isn't a bad thing, and losing too much can send you off to the sidelines, but there are a few important things to remember: iOS and Android are aging. Both platforms will need to see the same kind of platform shift that RIM is doing right now with BB10, and when they do they'll be leaving at least some users behind. Android, in particular, is a mess.

    My point is, there are a lot of smart phones left to sell before the market's saturated, and there will be constant churn. There is still room for two, maybe three more viable platforms in addition to iOS and Android.
  7. madman0141's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,778 Posts
    PIN
    666
    #7  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    If BB10 is a successit would be a slow movement to retake the States, Canada, and Europe. It would be nice if this could occur and continue development in 3rd world nations.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
  8. Fastjc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #8  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    Good article, but in my opinion BB 10 is going to be a success as long as it show that it is a stable OS, at least more stable than android. Also, many ex BB users are going to come back, specially those using android, if they see BB 10 being stable and having some good quality apps. For example me: I bought a Galaxy nexus few months back and now I am back to my BB 9900. I believe the only good thing about the android phones are the big screens not more than that.
  9. timmy t's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,311 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    Quote Originally Posted by madman0141 View Post
    If BB10 is a successit would be a slow movement to retake the States, Canada, and Europe. It would be nice if this could occur and continue development in 3rd world nations.
    I think BB is still strong in Europe.
  10. elliott436's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default Re: Here’s what will happen if BB10 is actually a success - Article

    If rim is successful with bb10 you'll see a lot of back peddling from people and companies saying rim was done. And it will open peoples eyes to something bigger and better than what' s out there such ios and android. In my opinion being that rim does everything in house meaning software and hardware they put out a much better product in my opinion. So yeah android will have 25 plus different model phones but nothing solid that's of any good quality unless it's coming from samsung or motorola. But you see a lot of redundancy with the phones which is dumb and not to mention boring. You look at blackberry and it feels solid and functions as it should that's what i love about them, look at the bold 9900 for example that is a phone that is solid and looks great. You don't see that from a lot of manufacturers.

Similar Threads

  1. What will happen to people who don't get bb10
    By JackSadler1996 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 02:03 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 08:59 AM
  3. Update stuck at backup. what will happen if i interrupt it now?
    By carm077 in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.x
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 05:02 PM
  4. what will happen if...
    By Old No. 7 in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 12:53 AM
  5. What will happen if i dont upgrade my OS
    By T.Berry8330 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions