Hi all,

I need some advice/help with downloading 5.0 OS for my 8900. I loaded it into my desktop manager and was in the process of updating and it suddenly got stuck. When I look at the details of the transfer, it is stuck on 'waiting for device initialization. On my blackberry screen it has the application permission box up asking if I will allow one of my apps access to my phone information. The problem is that I cannot move the cursor to select allow, so its just sitting there. I am afraid to disconnect/cancel and lose data. What can I do?? Seems to be this one app causing the issue- according to the details this was the last step in the instillation....

Please help!!!

~D
    01-29-10 09:51 AM
    it is stuck on 'waiting for device initialization. ... application permission box up asking if I will allow one of my apps access to my phone information....
    At this stage, it is safe to remove the BlackBerry and allow/deny permission for that application.

Try it again after a battery pull.
    01-29-10 10:04 AM
    I to am stuck. Tried to upgrade to 5.0. Its stuck in the loading application phase since 11:30pm its now 4:15am and nothing changed. Can I just pull the cord and keep it moving or what.
    02-17-10 03:18 AM
    I to am stuck. Tried to upgrade to 5.0. Its stuck in the loading application phase since 11:30pm its now 4:15am and nothing changed. Can I just pull the cord and keep it moving or what.
    That is over four hours, I would also be inclined to pull the plug and restart the process.
    02-17-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD