Over the last few weeks, I am having a problem in which my Mobile Network does not work (no send/receive calls or text messages) when in the proximity of the wifi router in my home. The router hasn't been changed. My phone worked fine for months up to now with this router in place.
    I disabled my home wifi connection on the phone, but still had no Mobile Network Service with router active. I unplug power to router and phone works.
    My phone works ok when on wifi at workplace - not same model of router.
    I was running .442 when issue began, upgraded to .545, still have issue.

Any ideas why all of a sudden this router is causing phone issues?
    I don't want to do a phone swap only to have the same issue. I could request a new router from internet service provider, but will they care it is interfering with my cell phone?
    03-19-10 11:28 PM
    What model and software load is in the router?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 03-20-10 at 12:31 AM.
    03-20-10 12:24 AM
    Do you have access to configure the router or can only your isp access it? If you can get in, perhaps it is set to auto select a wifi radio channel, and perhaps some new outside source of interference (neighbor got a new wifi router or somethin) triggered yours to switch channels and the new channel is causing problems. Try switching to manual channel select and try them all to see if it makes a difference.

03-20-10 09:02 AM
    What model and software load is in the router?

Its a 2wire Gateway 2701HG-G. Not sure about software.
    03-20-10 09:41 AM
    Do you have access to configure the router or can only your isp access it? If you can get in, perhaps it is set to auto select a wifi radio channel, and perhaps some new outside source of interference (neighbor got a new wifi router or somethin) triggered yours to switch channels and the new channel is causing problems. Try switching to manual channel select and try them all to see if it makes a difference.

I will try this out. Thanks!
    03-20-10 09:53 AM

+1 - changing channel is the thing to do.

03-20-10 11:12 AM
    I don't know anything about this router but the Cisco and Dlink routers work fine.

03-20-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD