--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys/gals I one for you that has stumped CS. I have a new 8320 we have a Linksys router and when I'm on WIFI and talking to someone it cuts out every now and then like the person I'm talking to has call waiting and getting a call. This is very annoying. We have tried changing channels on router and just about everything they can think of. I take it off of WIFI to gprs and it works just fine. I have hardly no signal in my kitchen and drop calls all over our house. So I upgraded to the Wifi Curve from the pearl. I cannot get use the wifi here at home so now they are sending me a new sim card in hopes this will work. My sim card is over 10 years old. I might ad I've been a loyal TM customer since 1987 been through Aerial and Voicestream changes. I hope I can get this figured out.

Someone said to get a new router the new N version. Anyone tried that?
    08-21-08 11:27 PM
    We discussed this issue in the T-Mobile forum under the dropped calls thread. Hope you get it worked out. I found it helpful.
    08-23-08 05:35 PM
    No, that will make things worse. Your BlackBerry uses b/g Wifi, but not n.

T-Mobile uses a slightly customized LinkSys router, but in practice any g series router will work.

I have hardly no signal in my kitchen and drop calls all over our house. ...
    That brings up the question of signal strength. If your Wifi signal strength is too low, they try to switch you over to EDGE. That hand over usually works, but there are times when it fails.

Start with a Site Survey. Connections / Wifi Options / Wifi Diagnostics / Site Survey.

That will show you all the nearby broadcasting sources. When you are near the router, you should be seeing -30 dBm or so. Moving further away, your signal strength drops. Anything over -80 dBm is getting very weak.

If you map out your home, you will know if there are problem areas.
    08-23-08 05:56 PM
    I had the same problem. I fixed it by getting verizon
    08-27-08 02:20 PM
    When I first got my 8320 @ T-Mobile I had a wireless router at home and had the same problem. I ended up getting the T-Mobile Linksys router @ T-Mobile. Then at work I installed a couple of Linksys wireless access points and had the intermittent problem. Spoke with CS and was told that I needed to open certain ports on my firewall. Once I did this everything worked great. I do not recall what ports right now but will modify this post tomorrow when I get to work.
    10-01-08 06:38 PM
    i had this same problem & my friend did too. he told me to call t-mo customer care & have them give you "blackberry feature enabler" it turned my uma automatically into UMA as soon as I got off of the phone with them. It is free and it's listed as a feature on your bill but it doesn't cost anything. The rep told me that it would not make a difference, but I asked her to do it anyways [just keep trying to push those tmo routers on everyone]! it works great now! my phone sounds crystal clear and doesnt drop calls anymore! plus you have better reception anywhere you connect to wifi

hope that helps =]
    01-05-09 10:35 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys/gals I one for you that has stumped CS. I have a new 8320 we have a Linksys router and when I'm on WIFI and talking to someone it cuts out every now and then like the person I'm talking to has call waiting and getting a call. This is very annoying. We have tried changing channels on router and just about everything they can think of. I take it off of WIFI to gprs and it works just fine. I have hardly no signal in my kitchen and drop calls all over our house. So I upgraded to the Wifi Curve from the pearl. I cannot get use the wifi here at home so now they are sending me a new sim card in hopes this will work. My sim card is over 10 years old. I might ad I've been a loyal TM customer since 1987 been through Aerial and Voicestream changes. I hope I can get this figured out.

I have the 8320 and use Wi-Fi at home and mine works and has worked flawlessly since day one. I run a Linksys WRT54GS and it is not from T-Mo. There are several settings you need to look at first.

Go to Manage Connection, then select Wi-Fi options. Select your home network and choose edit. Toggle the setting that says allow inter-access point handover. If you are around multiple access points, your phone may or may not be trying to hand the call over to another AP because of signal strength.

If that doesn't work, try deleting all saved HotSpot profiles and rebuild them one by one. Next, go to the main options page and select Mobile Network. Check to see what your Preferred Connection is. It should say Wi-Fi Preferred if you're using UMA and HotSpot at Home.

Finally, try pulling your SIM card completely out of the phone, then reboot without it. After power-up, pull the battery and reseat the SIM, then reboot as normal.

If all this fails, let us know and we can troubleshoot further.
    01-05-09 11:11 PM
    I had the same problem. I fixed it by getting verizon
    when the 8330 gets UMA calling maybe somebody will buy your nonsense
    01-05-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD