usually when I'm at home my curve will connect to my wireless and it'll say at the top: Rogers - Home
    and instead of saying EDGE it'll say UMA... but just recently... it doesn't indicate the UMA anymore, it'll just say EDGE, but it will still say Rogers - Home. Am I still on my wireless inet connection at Home when it doesn't say UMA? or am I using the Rogers browser...?
    02-04-09 03:28 PM
    Make sure the Wi-Fi icon is black/white, not greyed out, and that your browser is set to Wi-Fi (Hotspot), and then it should be going over Wi-Fi.
    02-04-09 03:56 PM
    Make sure the Wi-Fi icon is black/white, not greyed out, and that your browser is set to Wi-Fi (Hotspot), and then it should be going over Wi-Fi.
    yeah it says and does all that, but is still saying EDGE and not UMA
    02-04-09 04:17 PM
    I decided to turn off my phone and turn it back on again... surprisingly it's back to "normal" now... it says UMA again haha

that was weird, it was on EDGE for 2 days even though I set it to WiFi... wonder why that happened..
    02-04-09 04:22 PM
    just wondering, when you were connected to wifi but it said EDGE did/will you get charged for using data?
    02-04-09 10:01 PM
    i know on my phone, t-mobile does not let me do anything over edge besides basic t-zones stuff. if i am connected through wifi and have the browser set to hotspot i do not have any problems.
    02-11-09 10:01 PM
    just wondering, when you were connected to wifi but it said EDGE did/will you get charged for using data?
    Each carrier has their own implementation of UMA.

Rogers offers it with their Talkspot package. The package included unlimited national calling, but every byte of data is counted against your data package.

02-18-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD