Hi - I am a new user and apologize if this has been asked before (I did a search but came up empty)...I have a BB Curve 8900 from TMobile. Sometimes the Wifi works great, but sometime it doesn't work at all. I've downloaded the NHL, Business Week and Handingo shortcuts and they work great, but the Facebook and Blackberry app store tell me I have to use a data plan. None of the IM apps (BB Messenger, AIm, Yahoo, etc) work at all ("service not enabled on this handheld) or something close to it. I thought with wifi all the applications would work - I'm I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated - thank you!

Mark
    11-07-09 01:45 PM
    You need a data plan for those apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 01:53 PM
    Hi - I am a new user and apologize if this has been asked before (I did a search but came up empty)...I have a BB Curve 8900 from TMobile. Sometimes the Wifi works great, but sometime it doesn't work at all. I've downloaded the NHL, Business Week and Handingo shortcuts and they work great, but the Facebook and Blackberry app store tell me I have to use a data plan. None of the IM apps (BB Messenger, AIm, Yahoo, etc) work at all ("service not enabled on this handheld) or something close to it. I thought with wifi all the applications would work - I'm I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated - thank you!

Mark
    You thought... sorry, but you are wrong!!!

Some apps do require a Blackberry Data Plan to actually work... App World and Facebook do require a BB Data Plan!!!
    11-07-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD