I have a Bold 9000 on at&T with an unlimited data plan. My bold is able to connect to the Wifi both at work and at home, however it is not using the WiFi to connect to the internet. Any suggestions on what I need to do?
    05-27-09 07:41 AM
    I have a Bold 9000 on at&T with an unlimited data plan. My bold is able to connect to the Wifi both at work and at home, however it is not using the WiFi to connect to the internet. Any suggestions on what I need to do?
    I have the same problem and asked the same question, but never got an answer. I hope someone answers you, so we'll both know.
    05-27-09 09:54 AM
    How do you know it's not?
    05-27-09 09:55 AM
    How do you know it's not?
    Cuz...some programs I open, like Crackberry launcher, I get an error message saying 'wifi only', so if I was connected, wouldn't it just go to the site?
    05-27-09 09:59 AM
    Is the wifi symbol grey or white? Are you using the connection wizard?
    05-27-09 10:01 AM
    I've been having a problem with wifi as well.

When I connected to WiFi, I used to get a "green tick" next to the wifi connection, and the wifi logo would go solid white.

Now, I can connect to wifi and have a wifi connection (as I'm told when I attempt to "login to wifi network"). However the wifi only works for web browsing and not for any data services. I know this because I turn off my mobile network, can browse the web, but don't receive emails, pins, or sms until I turn the mobile network back on.

I'm no longer seein the "green tick" or the solid white wifi logo, but I'm clearly getting a wifi connection as I'm able to web browse with the mobile network off.

Not sure what's causing this.
    05-27-09 10:04 AM
    Is the wifi symbol grey or white? Are you using the connection wizard?
    It's white most of the time, but if I get too far away from my router, it goes grey. Yes, I used the connection wizard. As long as wifi is white, I can connect to every site, but when it goes grey, I can't connect to Crackberry, and a few other programs. Shouldn't all sites work? Like I mean, if wifi is off (grey) wouldn't the Bold just use Internet browser instead of Hotspot? WOW, hope you can understand what I mean. Hard to explain.
    05-27-09 10:07 AM
    05-27-09 10:08 AM
    My wifi is grey and it works. Could be something simple like once you hit the hotspot locator and it says you are connected go to the page you want. The mistake I was making was I was hitting the arrow button which was immediately disconnecting me. There is nothing simple or obvious about this phone. I have almost got the hang of it after 6 months of frustration. Thank got I got mine free I would be devastated if I paid for one of these or took one out on a contract. PS. Thank you everyone here who has helped me out especially over the last week as I have eventually got the push emails working.
    05-27-09 10:24 AM
    Check this thread, hopefully it will help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/
    05-27-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD