So my pearl fell into the sink of water and within 5 seconds was retrived. Took out battery and sim and have had it in rice in sealed bag ontop of DVR drying for the past 30 hours. At this point, red led light and then plain white screen when I reinsert battery . Any hope!!!!
    12-04-08 09:51 PM
    don't reinsert the battery. remove battery and put both in bag of rice for a couple days, start looking for a new berry. good luck.
    12-04-08 09:52 PM
    30 hours (1 and a quarter days) is seriously not enough time.
    Give it about 3 days before attempting to turn it on again. Failing
    to do so will potentially kill your phone, that is if it ain't dead yet.

And with all the dropped in toilets, sinks, pools and such threads
    why in the name of all that's holy does anyone put their phone
    in proximity to large pools of water.
    12-04-08 10:33 PM

Definitely makes ya wonder
    12-04-08 10:37 PM
    For your info: phone was not by the water. Son heard it ringing and carried to to sink where he ACCIDENTLY dropped it!!!!! S......t happens sometimes!
    12-05-08 06:23 AM
    I am wondering the same thing AG! Do these seem people also have a problem with dropping their Laptops into water or their SatNav's?! It's a mystery to me....
    12-05-08 07:08 AM
    For your info: phone was not by the water. Son heard it ringing and carried to to sink where he ACCIDENTLY dropped it!!!!! S......t happens sometimes!
    I am wondering the same thing AG! Do these seem people also have a problem with dropping their Laptops into water or their SatNav's?! It's a mystery to me....

c'mon people, cut the OP some slack. She (I think it's she) had already explained what happened, see above...

sigh

another example of people ripping the OP instead of trying to help.
    12-05-08 07:40 AM
    They don't mean any harm, they're just kidding. I personally have told all kids that are ever anywhere near my berry that if they ever touch it, ringing or not, I'll garnish their allowance until the end of time.

But yes- you need to leave it alone for much longer. Give it like a week for a full on dunk.
    12-05-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD