I want to wifi my house so I got a Belkin N wireless router and got everything hooked up and working, searched for wifi with my 8900 got the signal but even with the security off it doesn't go into wifi. My phone made its own pin and I entered that in the routers setup it searches for a few minutes and says connection failed. Help?
    09-08-09 02:49 PM
    What do you mean by your phone made it's own pin and you entered that into the routers setup? If you have all the security off on the router and your 8900 can see it you should be able to connect to it fairly quickly. I would definately recommend setting up security on the router though after you know everything works properly.
    09-08-09 03:00 PM
    Check out the Wifi link in my signature below.
    09-08-09 03:19 PM
    The pin was when the security was on and that was the recomended setup on the router. It said that a pairing device may make its own 8 digit pin (ie) printer, fax, or phone then to start both searching and with in 2 minutes it should connect. My phone generates a pin searches for a count down of 5 minutes and times out, its the router that tells me connection failed. I will have the security on once it works but I was trying anything I could to fix the problem. I think I might just try a differant brand of router.
    When the security is off, my phone finds the signal and displays the name I inputed but dosen't go into UMA like everywhere else I use my wifi, and with every other setup(friends house, moms house, girlfriends moms) all I need to do is search and put in security key and save it in my profiles then everytime I get in network range it switches to UMA ( I have my phone set to wifi preferd).
    09-08-09 03:22 PM
    Check out the Wifi link in my signature below.
    Thanks fatboy for the thread, got it going the first retry.
    09-08-09 04:15 PM
    Thanks fatboy for the thread, got it going the first retry.
    Glad to hear... lots of good stuff in my signature!!!
    09-08-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD