I just went to look at my Blackberry 8310 and the backlight is not as bright. It is very dim at this moment. I completed all the instructions of going to application >settings > screen/keyboard. No luck. Anyone have any suggestions?
    05-18-08 12:06 PM
    So would we be correct in assuming that when you went to Screen/keyboard, that you changed the Backlight Brightness setting back to 100 and it didn't change the brightness at all when you exited out?
    05-18-08 05:11 PM
    You need to turn the Auto Dim Backlight feature off.
    05-18-08 05:22 PM
    And welcome to crackberry.com!

Keeping it low in brightness helps with battery... I've noticed the difference. I keep mine @ 30.
    05-18-08 05:25 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    I'm with Jayden0606, 30% and auto backlight on (lately, I'm in and out of the office a lot)
    05-18-08 05:30 PM
    Hey folks, new to the forum here at Crackberry but having a blast so far! I'm having a similar issue when setting the Auto Dim Backlight feature off - it still dims the screen sometimes. Any ideas?
    05-20-08 04:25 PM
    your screen will dim automatically no matter what after a while - regardless of whether auto dim is on or off - in my experience.
    i definitely agree though that this is a good thing, as it will save your battery life.
    05-20-08 04:38 PM
    thanks - if that's the case what is the purpose of the Auto Dim Backlight feature?
    05-20-08 04:55 PM
    thanks - if that's the case what is the purpose of the Auto Dim Backlight feature?
    eh. maybe it makes it dim faster than usual??

i honestly have no clue.. its just been my experience that the backlight dims regardless.. but, like i said - its a good thing. blackberries are notorious battery suckers... i mean, theyre constantly sending and receiving data, running programs in the background, etc. so everything you can possibly do to save battery life -- DO IT!!
    05-20-08 04:58 PM
    You need to turn the Auto Dim Backlight feature off.
    Thanks, that did it. Whew, "SEARCH" is AWESOME!
    02-24-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD