I look around the forum and around the web for some answers and can't really find anything conclusive or up-to-date in terms of new policies etc etc.

i got my NE2 upgrade (Curve 8330 to Curve 3G) 1 week ago and loved the new phone...at first. I was told by the salesperson that I should stick with the curve instead of switching to the bold. I sent in the $100 rebate right away so I wouldn't forget. Now I'm realizing that the new curve is not that much of an upgrade from the old one. I've already had the white screen once (when I wasn't even doing anythings specific, I just picked up my phone to text and there it was), the 3G is not that impressive and it seems that the browser freezes as it loads and I have to refresh several times to get it to go through. Not to mention there is no camera flash, the battery cover clicks and doesn't seem to fit right and various other issues I have with it. Basically, after using a bb for 2 years this one is just not impressive at all.

Since I am well within my 30 days I was wondering how much of a hassle it would be to go back into the store and exchange for a bold (which is more expensive than the curve). Would I be charged the $35 restocking fee PLUS the rebate for the 3G (since I already sent it in - but have not received it yet) PLUS the difference between the two phones?
    01-03-11 11:17 AM
    im not positive but i think once you send the rebate in your stuck with the phone. I know when i bought my bold the rep said make sure you like it because once you send the rebate in your stuck with it. Like i said im not positive and for your sake i hope im wrong but thats what the rep told me (but most reps dont know jack though).
    But if that isint the case its fairly easy to exchange for a new phone just go in there and tell them you dont like the new phone and you would like to exchange it for a bold. They will charge your the $35 restocking fee and you will be charged the difference of the curve to the bold and then you will be off and running. Make sure you back up your curve so you can easily transfer all your data and contacts.
    01-03-11 11:49 AM
    I look around the forum and around the web for some answers and can't really find anything conclusive or up-to-date in terms of new policies etc etc.

i got my NE2 upgrade (Curve 8330 to Curve 3G) 1 week ago and loved the new phone...at first. I was told by the salesperson that I should stick with the curve instead of switching to the bold. I sent in the $100 rebate right away so I wouldn't forget. Now I'm realizing that the new curve is not that much of an upgrade from the old one. I've already had the white screen once (when I wasn't even doing anythings specific, I just picked up my phone to text and there it was), the 3G is not that impressive and it seems that the browser freezes as it loads and I have to refresh several times to get it to go through. Not to mention there is no camera flash, the battery cover clicks and doesn't seem to fit right and various other issues I have with it. Basically, after using a bb for 2 years this one is just not impressive at all.

Since I am well within my 30 days I was wondering how much of a hassle it would be to go back into the store and exchange for a bold (which is more expensive than the curve). Would I be charged the $35 restocking fee PLUS the rebate for the 3G (since I already sent it in - but have not received it yet) PLUS the difference between the two phones?

ah, why not simply GO to the store to find out?? if you switch phones, there will be a restock fee. if you put an old phone that you already own, back in service for a minimum of 3 days, they waive the restock fee (crazy, but that's the rules).
    01-03-11 12:14 PM
    You are not stuck with the phone. You can exchange within 30 days. As mentioned, go to the store, and find out all the information you need. Might as well take the phone, box, cords, etc. so that you can exchange it right on the spot.
    01-03-11 12:31 PM
    thanks everyone! I didn't just "GO to the store" because I live 45 min away from the nearest verizon and don't want to drive all that way for nothing. thats what forums are for right?? I also tried calling the customer service number and am finding it impossible to actually speak to a real live person. last question before I "GO to the store," will I need the primary account holder present if I am simply exchanging?
    01-03-11 01:04 PM
    Unless you are authorized to make changes to the account, I would imagine that the account holder would have to be there, or at least give authorization over the phone.

Did you try calling customer service? 611 from your handset, and there is an option to talk to someone.
    01-03-11 01:22 PM
    thanks everyone! I didn't just "GO to the store" because I live 45 min away from the nearest verizon and don't want to drive all that way for nothing. thats what forums are for right?? I also tried calling the customer service number and am finding it impossible to actually speak to a real live person. last question before I "GO to the store," will I need the primary account holder present if I am simply exchanging?
    something about your account doesn't add up. why?? because there is simply no reason why you can't CALL the store directly. if it's too far to drive, why not CALL them? I call my verizon stores and they answer the phone. sigh. I think you are making this far more difficult than it should be.
    01-03-11 03:29 PM
    something about your account doesn't add up. why?? because there is simply no reason why you can't CALL the store directly. if it's too far to drive, why not CALL them? I call my verizon stores and they answer the phone. sigh. I think you are making this far more difficult than it should be.
    Seems like she's calling the main VZW number instead of the local store.
    01-03-11 04:20 PM
    I have to agree with this. Issue could have been handled in less than 5 minutes with a quick call to the store. Customer Service could have also answered this question.
    01-03-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD