hey

Well im kind of done doing all the back-up from my storm 9530 to the new bold 9700. But im having a little problem using the internet (as a wifi). Somehow it keeps going to web2go site everytime i type a site. I try to select hotspot browser under browser configuration but it doesnt save. it goes back to web2go site & default browser.

mY phone is a blackberry bold 9700 from AT&T (UNLOCKED) USING T-MOBILE NETWORK (NO DATA PLAN). i WANT JUST TO USE AS A PHONE AND AS A WIFI BROWSER WHEN IM CONNECTED TO A ROUTTER. .

whats the right options & right way for it without having a data plan?..
    04-06-10 01:02 AM
    If memory serves, on my 9700 there's two spots in the browser settings to switch from web2go to Hotspot. If you change the first one, it doesn't stick. I'm pretty sure I changed the secondary place, then the first, and that took. When I'm near my phone again, if no one's posted the exact locations, I'll step-by-step through it. It should be easy to find though if the settings are like mine.
    04-06-10 01:23 AM
    thank you guys..

well i found an easy solution for it and i would like to share it. if it happen the same like me follow this.

-Go to your local starbucks coffee that you can get free wifi (any wifi that doesnt required password).
    -then when it connects automatic you can select hotspot browser and save it.
    -now you have hotspot browser as default & not web2go browser. meaning now you can connect to your wireless connection that have a security code.

enjoy it!!!
    04-06-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD