Hello!

I have the new BB 9650 thru Sprint.
    I am now visiting my family in Manila for the next 6weeks. I am using a different international GSM sim card while im here in Manila.

I tried using my wifi..and it says its connected. I have my laptop beside me, and wifi is working fine.But My phone doesnt do anything that is wifi based. :_) hahahha )
    I want to be able to use it, maybe im doing something wrong. . I want to have my facebook and BBM work over wifi. any suggestions?

UGHHH!!

thanks hon!
    07-09-10 09:27 AM
    from what ive experienced, you can only connect to BIS (blackberry internet service) when you are in the country that you have the blackberry plan with. without BIS you cant use bbm or facebook or any app except the browser. your best bet is to get a prepaid blackberry plan over in italy from either movistar or vodafone or orange. they arent too expensive and they get the job done. because when in a foreign country the blackberry cant connect to the BIS servers from the country you have the plan with.
    07-09-10 10:07 AM
    from what ive experienced, you can only connect to bis (blackberry internet service) when you are in the country that you have the blackberry plan with. Without bis you cant use bbm or facebook or any app except the browser. Your best bet is to get a prepaid blackberry plan over in italy from either movistar or vodafone or orange. They arent too expensive and they get the job done. Because when in a foreign country the blackberry cant connect to the bis servers from the country you have the plan with.
    What????????????????? Where???????????????????
    Last edited by grncherry1; 07-09-10 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    07-09-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD