12-23-08 10:13 AM
- I just downloaded OTA a theme from pimpmyberry.com - the Smokey-BottomDock (FYI) and when I went to my options and changed it to that theme, a lot of my standard applications disappeared.
When I go to my menu, my messages icon is gone, BBM icon is gone, Media icon is gone, and Options icon is gone...to name the ones I've noticed missing. I went to try to change it back to the theme I was using before when I noticed my Options icon is gone.
BBM is still working on my phone because i just received a message, but I have no way to get to it.
Any way to fix this without doing a hard reset? Help, please?!11-26-08 10:25 AM
- Try the Show All option on your menu to find anything hidden. Also a battery pull. Look in your folders (I'm on WAP so can't see what you have) and see if they were moved. If all else fails then pick another theme, delete the one you just downloaded and then reinstall.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-26-08 10:30 AM
- This is a feature that is now available in the new Theme Builder -- the ability to group certain apps into folders (similar to the AT&T vendor theme). Not all theme developers are doing this, but some do...
This was taken from the OP from the theme you downloaded:...On the App screen will be a Folder named Apps. Most of the icons are inside it. It keeps the menu screen a lot cleaner IMO.
You can move icons in and out of the folder to get exactly what you want on the screen.
If you do not like the Folder just move everything out of it and delete the folder.
Last edited by bettedavis07; 12-22-08 at 03:17 PM.11-26-08 05:34 PM
- This is a feature that is now available in the new Theme Builder -- the ability to group certain apps into folders (similar to the AT&T vendor theme). Not all theme developers are using doing this, but some do...
This was taken from the OP from the theme you downloaded:12-02-08 10:52 AM
- OS 126.96.36.199 Verizon 8830. Using Verizon theme. No "Options" icon on screen. No folders for it to be hiding in. I've done "Show All" and a battery pull. Still missing. Help! Can't even get to a them changing point to be able to tell if it's the theme doing it or something else.12-22-08 03:12 PM
- Not sure why you can't find the Options icon. If you disable dialing from the home screen (Send - Menu - Options -General Options - Dial From Home Screen and set to No) you will be able to use keyboard shortcuts to get to many applications and screens including the Options. Just press the 'O' key.
Hope this helps.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-22-08 05:34 PM
- Dg, did you click on and open every app folder on your desktop? Also send your service books.
Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-22-08 05:42 PM
- Disabling home screen dialing let me get into Options (THANKS SinisterJunkie!!!). Doing a restore theme defaults restored the icon. I t disappeared one more time after that and I can't figure out what is doing it (like I said I'm using the Verizon theme but it's happened in Dimension L theme too). But at least I know now what to do to get it back. Service Books was no help.
NOW...if RIM would just fix the dastardly memory leak in 188.8.131.52!12-23-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD