I am a long time treo user and switched to blackberry and i currently have the storm but i am not crazy about the texting on the touch screen. I have the option to switch to the curve or the world or will i adjust to the touch screen? i work in the medical field and i am always texting or typing. are there any problems with the curve 8330 or world phone that i should stay away from? thanks for your help
    03-26-09 09:15 PM
    Personally, the Curve might be your best bet. You can search but i dont think there have been many problems with typing emails or texting with the curve. I only have used the storm for a day and i couldnt get the textin thing down. It goes by preference. The curve might be a good choice, especially in your field of work
    03-26-09 09:45 PM
    The storm is a really nice phone that has some incredible features. The texting is not good for some but others dig it. I had an 8330 and it was a work horse. I doubt you will be dissapointed if you go to the curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:53 PM
    the curve is amazing....it was the best selling bb...i don't know now with the storm out
    03-26-09 10:58 PM
    I have the 8330 Curve and it frickin rocks. Never have had a touchscreen and will never, too many bugs with it. I think the Curve would be good for you.
    03-27-09 01:51 PM
    If you are heavy texting, I would go with the Curve, it just works with no drama. In the Storm's defense, I am only a little slower with my Storm than I am with my Curve. You can be really quick with either given enough practice.
    03-27-09 02:17 PM
    I would suggest a Curve. Only because I don't digg touchscreens. I preffer the actualy keyboard. The Curve is great ! I want all my friends&family to get one! Lol.

As far as typing goes. I've never had any issues with typing an email or text or anything.

But I don't see how someone is slow on the Storm. I was at Verizon this wekk tried out the keyboard and I type just as fast.

But I would suggest a Curve !! Woot !
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 02:27 PM
    If you decide on storm I can sell mine anytime for a fair price (used only one month).
    I simply hate it being used to Mac environment (compare to iPod Touch this is a joke).
    May be a newer software will rectify all the shortcomings.....
    03-27-09 02:32 PM
    If you do a lot of texting a curve may be best, and I would definitely take the curve over the world, UNLESS you need the ability to use it in Europe. The World does not have as much memory, or a camera, and the multimedia is not nearly as good as the Curve.
    03-27-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD