Hi, i am using a blackberry Bold 9000 on a 5.0 operating system with Solo mobile who provide a 3g network. Every couple of hours or so i go from full bars to an SOS in the top right corner. A battery pull or turning the radio off then on again works, but not for long. Ive tried everything pulling the battery, removing the SIM card, turning the network on and off and attempting to switch over to the 2g network which doesn't seem to work (only get bars on 3g). The phone is only a little bit over a year old and in very good condition. Is there any solutions that anyone can help me with please ASAP
    07-09-10 10:40 AM
    Have you tried re-installing the OS? If
    not, try it and see if that helps.
    07-09-10 10:45 AM
    Try reseating your SIM card, but it is also possible that the card has become damaged, and needs to be replaced, or that there is a problem with your account.
    07-09-10 11:06 AM
    will do thanks
    07-09-10 11:06 AM
    Strange. Could be any number of things. I would try wiping the phone and re-installing the OS. It sounds like the software could be buggy if it keeps losing the network connection.

If you keep experiencing network connection problems, or know others who do, you should probably inform Solo Mobile. It could be a problem others have as well. Solo is sharing a network with Bell and Telus. Could be a problem with the way your phone reads messages sent by the network.
    07-09-10 02:53 PM
    Try reseating your SIM card, but it is also possible that the card has become damaged, and needs to be replaced, or that there is a problem with your account.
    this plus one
    07-09-10 03:04 PM
    Strange. Could be any number of things. I would try wiping the phone and re-installing the OS. It sounds like the software could be buggy if it keeps losing the network connection.

If you keep experiencing network connection problems, or know others who do, you should probably inform Solo Mobile. It could be a problem others have as well. Solo is sharing a network with Bell and Telus. Could be a problem with the way your phone reads messages sent by the network.
    SIM card is the problem... the do go faulty after a while, the connectors don't make good contact and need to be replaced.... you could also try wiping the SIM card off with some DA.
    07-09-10 03:05 PM
    SIM card is the problem... the do go faulty after a while, the connectors don't make good contact and need to be replaced.... you could also try wiping the SIM card off with some DA.
    I agree the SIM card could well be the culprit. But Solo Mobile in Canada is just launching 3G services, so their SIM cards can't be, what, more than a few months old? According to Wikipedia (and their website), they don't even have any 3G phones yet:
    Solo Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    07-09-10 03:16 PM
    Re-seating the card is THE first thing to try it's easy and painless. Everything else is a hassle. Yes it MAY need to be done, but it sure don't hurt to TRY pulling the SIM card out blowing on it, and then putting it back in FIRST!
    07-09-10 03:20 PM
    I agree the SIM card could well be the culprit. But Solo Mobile in Canada is just launching 3G services, so their SIM cards can't be, what, more than a few months old? According to Wikipedia (and their website), they don't even have any 3G phones yet:
    Solo Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    doesn't matter, the phone bouncing around in your pocket + being laid on tables and what not, the connectors to press on the plastic, and indent the plastic which will keep the contacts from staying tight....

word it to you this way i keep a new virgin SIM card @ home 24/7..... just case i need it... i've burned through 3 of the in my 9700 and 2 in my 8900.
    07-09-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD