The IT department at work (I'm a teacher) does not want to help me link my school/work email to my blackberry. I had no trouble setting up my email accounts from aol and even my university (student) email. I can not get the email from my employer linked. Any suggestions?

Please help!
    03-06-09 08:34 AM
    Assuming this is a BIS issue, how is your work email handled? Do they use MS Outlook and MS exchange server? If so, can you use Outlook Web Access from a PC to see your email? If all of the foregoing is true, then you should be able to set up the email account in BIS. If not, more information will be required.
    03-06-09 08:39 AM
    See if this helps you out - if it does the credit goes CB member "Signlnco"

You can set up a rule in outlook to have your messages sent to your blackberry. I am doing so from my work computer. Here are the steps for adding a rule on Outlook 2003 (Outlook 2000 does not support auto forwarding).

Before you start, make sure you add your blackberry e-mail address to either your contacts folder or your personal address book.

1. In Outlook 2003, go to tools, rules and alerts wizard.
    2. On the e-mail rules tab, select new rule.
    3. Select "Start from a blank rule"
    4. Select "check messages when they arrive" click next
    5. Click Next and select Yes when the warning comes up that says this rule will apply to all messages.
    6. Check "forward to people or distribution list"
    7. In botton window, double click the highlighed "forward to poeple and Distribution list" and select you Blackberry e-mail address.
    8. Then click "finish"

On your blackberry:

Go to setup e-mail and create an icon on your screen for your blackberry e-mail address.

All of your forwarded e-mails from work will show up in this folder.

Good luck. It will work if you are using MS Outlook 2003 or higher.
    03-06-09 08:46 AM
    You should not even have to mess or sync your BB to your PCs' outlook. My work email is outlook, and all I did was create an email account on my BB, enter my outlook username/password and that was it.
    03-06-09 08:52 AM
    You should not even have to mess or sync your BB to your PCs' outlook. My work email is outlook, and all I did was create an email account on my BB, enter my outlook username/password and that was it.
    Agreed, but it depends on how the work email is set up.
    03-06-09 08:59 AM
    unfortunately.... our school does not use outlook....... i can access my email using my browser or from any PC with web access...... i log in through LOTUS Domino Web Access......

I hate that my work email does not just come to my BB like my other accts.

Thanks again for your help!

Keith
    03-06-09 09:09 AM
    Domino does support BBs, it might be they just don't allow personal BBs access, my work is the same way. If they give you a BB then you can access your work email, otherwise you can't.

It's possible you can go in thru the web on your BB's browser, but it might not be a pleasant experience, since it's not optimized for mobiles.
    03-06-09 09:13 AM
    If you have the email access information you can manually set up BIS to get the email. For instance with Outlook Web Access you would enter mail.company.com/exchange and the type (such as NT) in addition to your email address and password, and you should be able to get the emails.
    03-06-09 09:43 AM
    If you have the email access information you can manually set up BIS to get the email. For instance with Outlook Web Access you would enter mail.company.com/exchange and the type (such as NT) in addition to your email address and password, and you should be able to get the emails.
    Sounds like the domino server is under a firewall, access may not be possible even if the server address was known. Web access, or some sort of mail forwarding may be his/her only options.
    03-06-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD