Can someone help me with this.

I have bought a storm which is unlocked. I have the pin number for it. I have called o2 to add the blackberry service on to my account, she took the pin and confirmed its not being used elsewhere. the lady advised me that this will be added on from tomorrow but in the meantime I will need to go to:
    www . o2 email . co . uk

And enter the pin and imei number. When I do this I get an error:

Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches
    the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

I have done this but am still getting the same message. Can anyone help me with this? Thought I would ask here before calling o2 back as they didn't seem that knowledgeable and it took 20 mins to get through to them.

Is there something else I need to do? Or ask them to do? Or is it a case of waiting till tomorrow till they have added the blackberry tarriff onto my account.
    07-28-09 10:18 AM
    Hi

You may have to wait until your Blackberry tariff from o2 has been activated. When it has you will receive a registration message, a browser and your signal in the top right hand corner will change to GPRS / EDGE /3G with the BB logo.

If you still have problems after activation you will need to go to your setting folder and set up from the email settings icon there.

Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:29 AM
    Cheers. It does have the gprs written by the signal bar antenna thing but nothing about blackberry.

I'm working tonight so was hoping it might be on so I could have a play with it as generally quiet at night. Ill wait till tomorrow then and see what happens. Unless anyone else has any other ideas?
    07-28-09 10:40 AM
    Nothing as yet, off to sleep in a minute so hopefully it will be working when i get up this afternoon.
    07-29-09 01:56 AM
    Woke up it works. Perfect.

Off now to search for some apps.
    07-29-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD