Question 1 - I have a 8530. It has a screen problem. It has gone white and partial visible. I dont think this is the white screen of death, but more like a lcd leak. I bought a new screen, one of those hong kong jobs. I put it in and I get an all white screen. I take it out and put mine back in and i get the half and half screen again. Do you think my new screen is not good either? Ideas?

Question 2 - Im in one of those stupid contracts from Alltel so a new phone through them is not an option. Espeically since I tried to do a fix myself. I have Alltel. If I go on ebay, and get a new 8530 how hard is it to switch guts to make it work? If I get a bold or something newer, does anyone has experiance with Alltel, and will they transfer my service to that phone if it is a Alltel phone.

Thanks for any help I can get.
    04-01-11 09:29 PM
    Just purchase used BlackBerry. Make 100% sure that it is Alltel branded. And activate it on your account. No worries.
    04-02-11 07:55 AM
    Before my service got bought out and transferred, Alltel was actually a good company as long as the ESN was clean and so forth. Just make sure whomever you buy it from has a clean PIN also because if not then it won't work right. You can get it from the seller and call either CS or TS (tech support) and it should happen.
    04-02-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD