I rec'd an email from BB saying that my email account is no longer accessible by my BB device. This issue is likey caused by a recent change to the password used to access this account.

To Resume receiving email from this address, login to your BB Internet Service account and verify the password is correct for this email account

Then it list my email accout info.

This WEIRD because I didn't change anything on my account.......Woud it hurt for me to go ahead and verify my password on my BB
    05-21-08 10:44 AM
    It won't hurt as long as you don't follow any links in the email. Type the address into the browser yourself to avoid any possibility this is a phishing attempt...
    05-21-08 10:47 AM
    Don't do it sounds like someone is phishing you. Its kinda like if you get a email from your bank saying verify your acct # and SSN. Banks dont do it an neither will your carrier. If you are not sure call them.
    05-21-08 10:49 AM
    Oh and welcome to BB and CB you will love the addiction.
    05-21-08 10:50 AM
    i wouldnt submit anything. i would call my carrier and ask them about it, if it were me. also i would go ahead and change all my passwords just to be on the safe side. hope this helps.
    05-21-08 10:50 AM
    Ok there were no links in the email so maybe it wasn't a SCAM.....hmmm
    05-21-08 10:51 AM
    Don't do it sounds like someone is phishing you. Its kinda like if you get a email from your bank saying verify your acct # and SSN. Banks dont do it an neither will your carrier. If you are not sure call them.
    The email came from [email protected]e I should do a test and see if I am still receiving emails to that acct.

Thanks for the welcome
    05-21-08 10:54 AM
    I have two or three emails set up on my Curve. I get that message any time my password has changed or BIS has "lost validation" with the account.

Just log on to your BIS and see if any of your email accounts have a red circle with a strike through the middle. Usually, if you just click it (the red circle), it will revalidate your email.
    05-21-08 10:58 AM
    Just log in on your your carrier's website and enter your username/pw again for that account...
    05-21-08 11:05 AM
    I get that message on my work exchange account. We are required to change our password at a certain interval. I get a prompt on my computer at work when I log on something about "Your password will expire in 14 days. Do you want to change it now?" I got the email from bb before I got the prompt, so I was confused at first. It started that about a month ago and I was ******** out. I logged onto my BIS account and reentered my password and I started receiving emails again. A few hours later, received the [email protected]l again. I logged off my computer, logged back on and received the new password prompt. Once I created a new password and changed the pw on BIS, everything was rosy until it happened this week. Same thing though. Working again.
    05-21-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD